Sushant Singh Rajput death: Bollywood director Dinesh Vijan raided by ED in money laundering probe
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) conducted a raid at filmmaker and producer Dinesh Vijan’s home as well as the office of Maddock Films, a production house founded by him. The agency is investigating financial irregularities in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case.
Dinesh directed Sushant in the 2017 reincarnation drama, Raabta, which also starred Kriti Sanon and Jim Sarbh. According to a report, payments made to Sushant by Dinesh in 2016 are under the scanner.
India Today reports that the ED questioned Dinesh twice earlier, asking him to provide documents and other details related to the payments made to Sushant.
The ED is investigating KK Singh’s claims that money to the tune of Rs 15 crore was misappropriated from his son Sushant’s bank account. Rhea Chakraborty has been accused of siphoning off the money, a charge which she has denied.
Sushant was found dead in his Mumbai home on June 14. The death was recently declared a suicide by an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) report, which ruled out the possibility of strangulation or poisoning.
The AIIMS report has been challenged by Vikas Singh, the lawyer representing Sushant’s family in their case against Rhea. He called the conduct of Dr Sudhir Gupta, who was heading the AIIMS panel, ‘unethical’.
In a letter addressed to the CBI director, the senior advocate accused the doctor of ‘selectively (leaking)’ the report to a few media houses and ‘irresponsibly commenting’ that Sushant’s death was a suicide. “Clearly the said leak is aimed at creating doubts in the mind of people, bailing out agencies who have not done their job as per rules and standard protocols, benefitting the culprits and derailing the course of ongoing investigation,” he wrote.
Sushant’s death is being probed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), with the ED and Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) looking into the money laundering and drug angles, respectively.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.