Sushant Singh Rajput’s family holds prayer meet for late actor in Patna, see pic and video
Sushant Singh Rajput’s family organised a prayer meet for him at their Rajiv Nagar residence in Patna, a week after he died. In pictures and videos doing the rounds online, a framed photograph of the late actor is seen adorned with flowers.
Sushant died on June 14 and his last rites were performed at the Pawan Hans crematorium a day later, amid heavy downpour. The funeral was attended by his family, who travelled from Patna, and a few friends from the film and television industry. His ashes were immersed in the Ganga river on June 18 by his father K K Singh, his two sisters and other family members.
Meanwhile, the police are investigating Sushant’s death by suicide and have recorded the statements of at least 15 people so far, including his family members, close friends Mukesh Chhabra and Siddharth Pithani, rumoured girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty and managerial staff.
The police is also probing the angle of professional rivalry and has received a copy of the contract signed by Sushant from Yash Raj Films. Mumbai’s Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Abhishek Trimukhe confirmed to ANI that the investigating officer has received a copy of the contract from Yash Raj Films.
Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh earlier said that the ‘professional rivalry’ angle will be thoroughly investigated after reports surfaced that Sushant’s career was stalled after he was blacklisted by certain heavyweights of the film industry.
Maharashtra housing minister Jitendra Awhad also raised questions about whether his films were banned or he was ‘forcibly removed’ from films. He said that the ‘cartel story’ was terrifying and that ‘no newcomer should go through such torture’.
Sushant, who acted in films such as Shuddh Desi Romance, MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, Sonchiriya and Chhichhore, will be seen in the yet-to-be-released film Dil Bechara. He was set to turn producer with the patriotic film Vande Bharatam, which would mark producer Sandip Ssingh’s directorial debut.
In an emotional Instagram post, Sandip mourned the loss of his friend and said that he will make Vande Bharatam as a tribute to Sushant.
If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist. Helplines: Aasra: 022 2754 6669; Sneha India Foundation: +914424640050 and Sanjivini: 011-24311918
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.