Twinkle Khanna watches Dimple Kapadia’s Tenet in Scotland: ‘My mother is so laid-back she refuses to do any publicity around it’
After Sonam Kapoor, Twinkle Khanna managed to watch Christopher Nolan’s Tenet in a movie theatre. The latter is in Scotland with husband Akshay Kumar and their two kids, where the Good Newwz actor is shooting for his film Bell Bottom.
Sharing a glimpse of a scene featuring her mother Dimple Kapadia, she wrote, “Finally saw Tenet in the theatre and though my mother is so laid-back that she refuses to do any publicity around it, she has a wonderful part and is completely incredible.”
She also went on to quote Variety, which wrote about Dimple’s performance, “A sinister whisper network of international arms dealers emerges, with one of them, Priya (the wonderful Dimple Kapadia, in the film’s wiliest performance) serving principally to coax the protagonist through the corridors of Nolan’s storytelling.”
Earlier, Sonam watched the Hollywood film in London, where she stays with husband Anand Ahuja. The actor raved about Dimple’s performance in Tenet as she watched the highly anticipated espionage thriller on the big screen.
Sonam took to Instagram and shared a picture of Dimple, who makes her Hollywood debut with the film. “So I went to watch @tenetfilm in the cinema today. Firstly the incredible experience of watching a film on the big screen is unparalleled. “Secondly to watch the luminous Dimple Kapadia in the film gave me goosebumps. Nothing compares to cinema, the big screen and its magic. Nothing,” the actor wrote on Sunday.
Nolan’s Tenet is the first big-budget Hollywood feature to go for a theatrical release since the novel coronavirus shut down the cinemas worldwide in March. Dimple features in Tenet along with actors like John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Kenneth Branagh, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Michael Caine, Clemence Poesy, and Himesh Patel.
Actor Richa Chadha replied to Sonam’s post and wrote that the 61-year-old actor had made the country proud with her role in film. “Missing the cinemas. What a film you got to see and what a moment of pride for India! Woohoo, Dimple Kapadia ji making her Hollywood debut with Nolan!” she wrote.
(With PTI inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.
- Actor Salman Khan, in his Republic Day message for fans, called for unity. Read what he has to say here.