Watch: Aamir Khan’s dramatic body transformation for Dangal
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan, who went through a body transformation for his forthcoming film Dangal, says it was one of the most dramatic ones in his career.
“Though I went through body building to get a certain look for my film, this (Dangal) one was one of the most dramatic body transformations so far. The film has two phases. For one part, I had to put on weight. So, I weighed 96 kgs with 38 per cent body fat and that I had to reduce to 9 per cent body fat within five months. That was a huge task,” Aamir said while releasing a video that showcases his training and transformation for the role.
He added: “I would like to mention that putting on weight and losing it so fast is very unhealthy. I did it for my film under the supervision of experts, but it is very unhealthy for any regular person.”
However, he said that his doctor suggested not to try such drastic weight and body transformation in future. But being a creative person, he tends to get “excited to do everything if I get a good script”.
What made him put on so much weight instead of using bodysuit for his character? “When you put on weight, it affects your breathing and body language. That naturally reflects on your performance. You cannot get that from a bodysuit,” he said.
But he had a gala time while putting on weight. “I ate everything that I was not supposed to eat otherwise. I had samosa, vada pav, chocolate, cakes, brownies... I indulged in everything. Then when I had to lose the weight, I had a very different diet of 25 gms of upma and papaya. After gym, a glass of protein shake,” said Aamir.
Aamir will be seen as Mahavir Singh Phogat, father of wrestler Geeta Phogat, who won India’s first ever gold medal in wrestling at the Commonwealth Games in 2010.
The biopic, directed by Nitesh Tiwari, is set to release on December 23.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.