Dangal is my gift to her: Aamir Khan at Geeta Phogat’s wedding
The otherwise calm Bilali, a small village in the Bhiwadi district of Haryana, roared with life on Sunday afternoon. It was a double treat for the residents.Firstly their very own international wrestler Geeta Phogat, the elder daughter of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat’s was getting married, and the icing on the cake was that actor Aamir Khan was attending the event.
Aamir is known to be close to the Phogats because of his upcoming film Dangal that is based on Mahavir’s life. The wedding venue was turned into a high-security zone with several policemen around it. Rooftops in the small village were chock-o-block with people who were waiting to catch a glimpse of the Bollywood actor. While the Phogat house remained out of bounds for the press, one could see guests standing on the terrace and enjoying the rituals.
Geeta married fellow wrestler Pawan Kumar in Charki Dadri, Haryana.
It was earlier reported that Aamir would buy Geeta’s wedding lehenga. Asked if he was able to bring the outfit for her, the actor said, “I was about to bring one for her but I later got to know that her mama (maternal uncle) is supposed to get it. But my film Dangal is my gift to her and I wish her all the best in life.”
Actor Sakshi Tanwar, who plays Aamir’s wife in Dangal was also present with him.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.