11? Get Serious About Your Skin
Keeping in mind the polluted environment that we live in, beauty expert Suparna Trikha says that a good skincare routine should start in the pre-teen years, reports Veenu Singh.brunch Updated: May 12, 2012 16:15 IST
That’s what beauty experts advise – but with the right kind of products:
Why so early?
Keeping in mind the polluted environment that we live in, beauty expert Suparna Trikha says that a good skincare routine should start in the pre-teen years. “Children are reaching puberty much earlier now,” she says.
Cosmetic dermatologist Kavita Deva, head of training with Skeyndor India, points out that a basic cleansing routine with facial foam or even milk should be fine. The idea is to keep dirt and grime away from the skin without disturbing its pH balance.
Younger skins are ideal for something very light, non-greasy and preferably pH balanced. Even honey is good as it hydrates the skin. Apply a teaspoon of honey on the face for 5-10 minutes and wipe clean for soft and supple skin.
Avoid products with oil and alcohol. Also, heavy and greasy creams are a no-no. The idea is to have a basic skin care regimen which will prevent problems later.
Rose water is a natural toner.
1. Mix 1 tsp yoghurt with 2 tsp mashed papaya.
2. Massage well into the face and wash when dry. It cleans the face and helps to balance the pH level.
3. Add 8-10 drops of lemon juice to 1 tsp olive oil. Dip cotton in it and wipe the face to get instant results.
4. Use this face pack every 15 days. Take 1 tsp Fuller’s earth, add 1 tsp fresh ground mint, add a few drops of lemon juice and rose
5. water and apply on the face. Wash with cold water once dry.
Courtesy Suparna Trikha
From HT Brunch, May 13
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch
First Published: May 11, 2012 16:15 IST