Passenger footfall moving towards pre-Covid numbers: Hardeep Singh Puri
A total of 2,27,821 domestic passengers flew on 2,129 flights on Saturday, while there were 4,253 across movements across the country and 4,55,809 footfalls on the day, Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri informed on Sunday.
“On 26 December, we had 2,27,821 domestic passengers flying on 2129 flights. There were a total of 4253 flight movements and 4,55,809 footfalls on the day. It is a steady journey towards pre-Covid numbers,” the minister tweeted.
Earlier on December 1, the minister informed that the number of daily domestic passengers on flights touched 252,374 that was a new high since operations resumed on May 25 this year.
He tweeted, “Our airports and skies are busy again. The number of daily domestic passengers has crossed the 252K mark that is a new high since operations resumed on May 25, 2020. We expect to cross pre-Covid numbers by year-end. Aviation is emerging as India’s safe and efficient mode of transport in these times.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interaction with members of the Indian Women’s Press Corps (IWPC), Sitharaman said that consumer sentiment about the tax burden on auto fuel was understandable.
- Nearly 1.1 million vaccine doses were administered to people above the age of 60 and those in the 45-59 age group till Thursday.
- Mohapatra said the idea came during Modi’s meeting with Marriott International president and chief executive Arne Sorenson, who complained about the complex regulations in starting and running a hotel in India.
- ICICI Bank’s move comes days after rival lenders such as State Bank of India (SBI), Kotak Mahindra Bank and Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd cut their home loan rates.
- These votes will have to be disclosed to unit holders under existing regulations. Voting will be at the MF level (rather than scheme level).
- Supply of vehicles from Maruti Suzuki India Ltd—as part of the alliance with Suzuki Motor Corp—has helped Toyota increase its domestic market share in the premium hatchback and entry-level SUV segment, where it was not present before.
- The top three states by GVA were Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu. They had a share of 41% in the total GVA. Rural India added nearly as much GVA (49%) as urban India (51%).
- Using average consumption shares to calculate the burden of an indirect tax has a problem.
- Retail buyers continued to purchase gold in India as prices declined to a near one-year low.