Punjab resident dies of burn injuries in Bahrain
A 51-year-old Indian man who was badly injured more than two weeks ago in a blaze at his home near the Bahraini capital has died in a hospital.chandigarh Updated: Dec 29, 2014 17:41 IST
A 51-year-old Indian man who was badly injured more than two weeks ago in a blaze at his home near the Bahraini capital has died in a hospital.
Sudarshan Kumar Kaka Ram, a resident of Punjab, had burns over 85 per cent of his body from a fire that broke out in his home in Buri area on December 13, reportedly due to a short circuit.
He was suffering from smoke inhalation and admitted to an area hospital, where he remained in the ICU for four days and was later transferred to burns unit.
His brother Madan Lal Kaka Ram and son Pradeep Sudharshan were also admitted to the hospital with minor burns, but were discharged within a week.
Sudarshan, however, succumbed to his injuries and died yesterday, social worker Sudheer Thirunilath told the Gulf Daily News.
"They were sleeping when fire broke out at their accommodation," said Thirunilath.
"They later transferred him to a burns unit, but he caught an infection," the social worker added.
Sudarshan came to Bahrain 10 years ago. He worked in the maintenance department at a restaurant. His body will be repatriated to India after the completion of formalities.
He is survived by his wife and three sons.
First Published: Dec 29, 2014 17:38 IST