Prayagraj doctor defeated Covid 19 last year, now among 1st to get vaccine shot
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
Braving the morning chill and fog, Dr Prabhat Singh, an associate professor of Moti Lal Nehru Medical College (MLNMC), Prayagraj, became one among the first in the city to receive a shot of coronavirus vaccine. He was the first person to be vaccinated at the medical college vaccination centre in Prayagraj on Saturday. Singh came out of the vaccination room at 10.54 am with a smile on his face.
The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine administered to him and said that all results, right up to its administration, have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe for the individuals getting it.
Dr Singh, a resident of Tagore Town and an alumnus of King George Medical College, Lucknow, maintained that as the first phase of the vaccination drive progresses, even the skeptical will be won over and earn confidence. “I am sure any inhibition about the vaccine would get dispelled in days to come,” he added.
He said that everyone at his home including his two children Prakriti (6) and Prakhar (3), along with his wife Dr Kirti Singh, a doctor working with the Railway Hospital in the city and parents Vinay Kumar (59) and mother Phoolkali (55) were excited about him being one among the first 600 chosen for receiving vaccine shot in the district.
“I was informed that I would be vaccinated today but had no idea that I would be the first to get it. I am proud to be a part of this initiative,” said Dr Singh, a neurologist who hails from Bara Tehsil of Prayagraj district.
Dr Singh said that he served at the Covid-19 ICU set up at SRN Hospital in the district during the lockdown period and in September, ended up testing positive. “However, I successfully beat the virus, recovered and rejoined my duty. Having received the first dose of the vaccine, I am looking forward for the second one,” he added
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A meeting of cops and village watchmen was held at the Soraon police station on Wednesday in this regard.
- The budget session of UP legislature began on February 18 and was scheduled to end with the passing of the budget on March 10.
- Jayant called upon farmers to show their unity to the government, which he alleged was trying to “disgrace and defame” the movement against the farm laws.
- An excise department official said that besides checking suspicious dhabas along the highways, the stock available at excise shops will be verified in the drive against illicit liquor trade.
- The Muslim population in UP is 17-19%, but their share in the benefits of welfare schemes is 30-35%,” claimed the chief minister.
- The girl’s body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the report is awaited.
- IndiGo said the passenger could not be revived and was declared dead on arrival by the airport medical team