Sri Lanka vs England, 1st ODI in Dambulla, Highlights: As It Happened
England are “very happy” being favourites for the one-day series in Sri Lanka but are aware that past tours have been “tricky”, Jos Buttler said Tuesday on the eve of the first match in Dambulla. Sri Lanka’s captain Dinesh Chandimal warned meanwhile that conditions were “very different” to England, with some “mystery spinners” who could pose problems for Eoin Morgan’s batsmen. “Very happy being favourites. It shows we’ve been doing good stuff and I like being favourites,” Buttler told reporters, saying the team were “very confident” and aiming to be “pushing the boundaries”.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- IPL 2021: Robin Uthappa was brought by the Royals ahead of the IPL 2020, but the batsman had a very indifferent season, scoring 196 runs from 12 matches.
- Archer and Stokes were rested for England's two-Test series against Sri Lanka.
- Moments into his innings, Hanuma Vihari ran a single and grimaced in pain, and it was at that moment that everyone knew he had done something to his hamstring.
- Former New Zealand all-rounder Scott Styris is worried for Chennai Super Kings ahead of IPL 2021 after they released their list of retained and released players.
- Inzamam praised Dravid for what he's done for Indian cricket, highlighting that his biggest strength was making the players mentally tough, without which India's Test series win against Australia wouldn't have been possible.
- India's fielding coach R Sridhar opened about the tour in an elaborate chat, asserting it will be difficult to surpass what the team went through in the past one month - from hitting the nadir to reaching the zenith.
- Stokes and Archer were rested for the Sri Lanka Tests but are fully expected to be named in England's squad which will be announced later Thursday.