Delhi: How you can get HSRPs and fuel stickers for your vehicle
The transport department has said it is going to start prosecuting drivers/owners of vehicles that do not have HSRPs and colour-coded fuel stickers from OctoberUpdated: Sep 23, 2020, 13:53 IST
The Delhi government’s transport department is asking owners of old vehicles registered in the national Capital to get high-security registration number plates (HSRP) and colour-coded fuel stickers issued for their vehicles.
The department has said it is going to start prosecuting drivers/owners of vehicles that do not have HSRPs and colour-coded fuel stickers from October. The fine for not affixing an HSRP on a vehicle can range from Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000.
Here is how you can get HSRPs and colour-coded fuel stickers for your vehicle
* You will have to contact any of the 236 vehicle dealers authorised by the Delhi government. The list is available on the state transport department’s website.
* To book an appointment with the chosen dealer, you have to visit bookmyhsrp.com/index.aspx
* Once at the website, select the model of your vehicle, then choose Delhi and then the nearest dealer around you.
* Fill in information about the vehicle and its owner.
* You will get an OTP on your mobile phone number, enter it in the required box.
* Select a date and time to visit the dealer.
* Make the payment online. You will receive an acknowledgement via e-mail and SMS.
HSRPs are chromium-based hologram plates made via hot-stamping and laser-branding of a permanent identification number, which cannot be copied.
The colour-coded stickers are meant to identify vehicles based on their fuel type, with light blue indicating petrol and CNG, and orange indicating diesel-run vehicles. The stickers also include details such as the registration number, the registering authority, a laser-branded PIN, and the engine and chassis numbers of the vehicle, officials said.