Akshay Kumar wishes Twinkle Khanna on anniversary, she jokes: 'You are the beauty and the brawn in this partnership'
Actor Akshay Kumar took to Instagram to wish his wife and author Twinkle Khanna on their 20th wedding anniversary. They got married in 2001.
Sharing a picture, Akshay wrote: "The surest I’ve ever been of a partnership...twenty years of togetherness and you still make my heart flutter and sometimes even drive me up the wall but then again I wouldn’t have it any other way coz a smile is never far when you are near Happy anniversary Tina."
Reposting his post, Twinkle wrote: "You are the beauty and the brawn in this partnership and I can’t even say I am the brain, because you are smarter than me. We don’t need each other to be complete( that’s just a cliche from soppy ballads) but we want to have the other one around always and that is perhaps the only way it is meant to be. Happy Anniversary Mr K"
Among those wishing the popular Bollywood couple was actor Tiger Shroff who wished them in the comments section: "Happy anniversary sir." Actor Ishan Khatter's actor dad Rajesh Khatter wrote: "Happy 20th" while Jacqueline Fernandez dropped a bunch of heart emojis.
Theirs has been one of the most successful marriages in Bollywood. But it is Twinkle Khanna who has had the most interesting tales to tell about their marriage. Chatting with Karan Johar on Koffee With Karan, she had once revealed how she threatened Akshay about not having a second child if he didn't start working in sensible films. "I told him I won’t have a second child if he doesn’t start doing sensible movies,” she had said.
Joking about Twinkle's decision to marry him, Akshay had said that she married him as her film Mela flopped. "She was very confident about Mela and said that if the film didn’t work, she would get married. Fortunately for me, Mela flopped, and we got married."
Akshay and Twinkle have two children together - Aarav, who is currently studying in the UK and Nitara.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.