Did Pathan director Siddharth Anand slap an assistant on the set? Here is the truth
A trade source has rubbished reports of director Siddharth Anand getting into a physical fight with an assistant on the set of Pathan, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and John Abraham. It was earlier said that the situation got so out of hand that the shoot was stalled for the rest of the day.
Calling the news ‘absolutely baseless and untrue’, the source said, “Sid and his team share a bond beyond years and they all look up to him as their big brother. The truth of the matter is that a light man was slightly injured while doing his job and he was being tended to. Thankfully, it wasn’t serious. But a junior artist was taking a video of the incident with an ulterior motive to circulate it.”
Siddharth asked the junior artist to stop recording, as it is ‘highly insensitive’, the source said. “However, he was slyly trying to do the same again. That’s when the director, as the leader of the team, sternly asked him to hand over his mobile phone and exit the set. Sid was upset that someone can be so insensitive. The junior artist, however, tried to become aggressive and the security immediately escorted him out of the sets. That’s the plain truth. Nobody got physical on the sets and there certainly was no slapping. It is utterly incorrect,” the source added.
Earlier, a source was quoted as telling Bollywood Hungama that Siddharth has a ‘certain temperament’ on the set and did not appreciate a certain assistant using his phone, leading to a heated argument between them. The report claimed that things escalated when Siddharth found out that the assistant was abusing him and saying nasty things about him to other crew members. The director allegedly lost his cool and slapped the assistant, who slapped him back.
Pathan is an action drama which marks Shah Rukh’s return to acting after a sabbatical of two years. He was last seen in the box office dud Zero in 2018.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.