Shah Rukh Khan spotted at Yash Raj in bold new look, has he finally started shooting for Pathan?
Pictures of actor Shah Rukh Khan arriving at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai on Wednesday suggest that he has finally started working on his first film in two years, Pathan. It had previously been reported that the actor would commence filming the action thriller on November 18, under the direction of Siddharth Anand.
While no official confirmation has arrived yet, Pathan will mark Shah Rukh’s return to acting after the critical and commercial flop, Zero. Shah Rukh had previously said that he was taking some time off to recalibrate.
The pictures show the actor, sporting a long mane of hair, arriving at Yash Raj Studios in Andheri. He was wearing sunglasses as he stepped out of a car. His co-stars, Deepika Padukone and John Abraham, are expected to join at a later date, as per ETimes.
Previously, in an interaction with Filmfare, Shah Rukh had said, “I have no film with me right now. I am not working on any film. Usually what happens is when your one film is coming to an end, you begin work on your next film and I get involved within 3-4 months. But this time I am just not feeling like...My heart doesn’t allow me to..I just felt that I should rather take time out, watch films, listen to stories and read more books. Even my kids are in their college stage...my daughter is going to college and my son is about to finish his studies. So I just want to spend more time with my family.”
The actor is also rumoured to be in talks with directors Rajkumar Hirani and Atlee for their upcoming projects. This marks the first collaboration between Shah Rukh and Siddharth, whose last film, War, became a blockbuster; and John. He has starred opposite Deepika in films such as Om Shanti Om, Happy New Year, and Chennai Express.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.