Kangana Ranaut celebrates two years of Manikarnika, calls it ‘movie which broke my bones’ and many records
Kangana Ranaut is celebrating two years of the release of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, which she not only starred in but also co-directed. In a tweet, she listed out the box office records set by the film. She also shared two pictures - one of her in a wheelchair with a cast on her foot and the other of the gash on her forehead caused by a mishap during sword fight practice.
“The movie which broke my bones, 20 stitches n two fractures also broke many records. Highest weekend, Highest single day collection, Third highest grosser in the long list of blockbuster woman centric films and also most successful Indian film in Japan. #2YearsofManikarnika,” she wrote.
Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi told the story of the valiant Rani Laxmibai, who fought against the British during India's first war of independence in 1857. Though she died in battle, she inspired the anti-colonial struggle and became one of the key figures of the Indian freedom movement.
Earlier this month, Kangana announced a standalone sequel to the film, titled Manikarnika Returns: The Legend of Didda. The historical drama will chronicle the life of Didda, the warrior queen of Kashmir, who thwarted Mahmud of Ghazni’s attempts to invade Kashmir twice.
“Our nation has witnessed many stories of brave women who have set great precedents. Honored to tell story of brave queen of Kashmir who defeated Mehmood Ghaznavi twice with none other than @KanganaTeam. #ManikarnikaReturns: The Legend of Didda goes on floors in January 2022,” producer Kamal Jain tweeted.
Kangana is currently shooting for Razneesh Ghai’s action thriller Dhaakad in Bhopal. She will be seen as a spy in the film, which also stars Arjun Rampal and Divya Dutta. She also has AL Vijay’s Thalaivi and Sarvesh Mewara’s Tejas in the pipeline.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.