Rajkummar Rao's romantic birthday wish for girlfriend Patralekhaa: 'You are my reason to smile'
Actor Rajkummar Rao has wished his girlfriend, actor Patralekhaa on her birthday. The couple has been dating for many years now.
On Saturday, Rajkummar took to Instagram to share a picture of Patralekhaa with a romantic note. "Happy birthday my love @patralekhaa. You are the most gorgeous and kindest girl ever. The best daughter, best partner, best sister and the best friend, You inspire me everyday. Thank you for being my strength. May God bless you forever and you get all the happiness and success in the world because you totally deserve them. Muskurane ki wajah tum ho (You are my reason to smile)," he wrote. The final line is from a song from their film, CityLights.
Reacting to his post, Patralekhaa wrote, "Thank you for being my strength." Rajkummar also shared a selfie of the two from a recent trip to the mountains on his Instagram Stories.
Rajkummar spoke about his relationship with his CityLights co-star when he appeared on talk show Feet Up with the Stars. “When my mom first met Patralekha, she said that she’s going to be the last girl I’m meeting,” he said. “Patralekha is my best friend -- we discuss cinema, we discuss acting or travelling. We’re not discussing marriage or babies because we like the way we are," he had added.
In 2014, Rajkummar had talked about how marriage was not on his mind. "No marriage for a long time. She has just started her career. And I am not ready for the institution of marriage. I respect the institution. But it's not for me. We are happy to be together. I consult her on all my roles." He added it was a "delight" to work with her in Cityights. "It's always a pleasure to work with a co-actor whom you can respond to naturally. She is a natural, brilliant actress," he said.
Rajkummar was last seen in Anurag Basu's Ludo. His next release will be Roohi with Janhvi Kapoor and Varun Sharma.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.