Soni Razdan calls Rhea Chakraborty ‘innocent victim of a very twisted design’, says she ‘will do very well’ in Bollywood
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.
Soni Razdan came out in support of Rhea Chakraborty, who is being investigated for her alleged role in the death of Sushant Singh Rajput. Rhea spent almost a month in jail on a drug-related charge in the case and is out on bail.
Replying to a Twitter user who commented that Rhea has ‘possibly lost any chance at a career in Bollywood’, Soni wrote, “She going to to jail has clearly exposed only the people who sent her there and shown that she was an innocent victim of a very twisted design. Why won’t anyone work with her ? I think she will do very well. I hope so anyway.”
In her tweet, Soni targeted certain sections of the media who seemed to have declared Rhea guilty before the court gave its verdict, and demanded her arrest.
Sushant’s family filed a case against Rhea in July last year, accusing her of abetting his suicide and siphoning off his funds, among other things. She has denied all the allegations levelled against her.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is investigating Sushant’s death, with the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) probing the embezzlement and drugs angle in the case, respectively. Last month, Rhea’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde urged the CBI to make their findings public and said, “She was arrested in a bogus case with no evidence by NCB. She was harassed by various agencies and remained in custody for almost a month till the Bombay High Court released her on bail.”
Rhea will be seen next in Chehre, which has an ensemble cast, featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Emraan Hashmi, Krystle D’Souza and Siddhanth Kapoor. The film’s director, Rumi Jaffery, said in a recent interview that her time in jail ‘has crushed her morale completely’ but is positive that she will bounce back.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.