I'd want Kareena in all my productions: Saif
Saif Ali Khan says although he would love to team up with girlfriend Kareena Kapoor in all his productions, he has made it clear that he has not been instrumental in getting her a role in his untitled venture.
"It's entirely between Kareena and my business partner Dinesh Vijen. There was a verbal commitment between them for a couple of projects. Kareena and I don't discuss business," said Saif, who will be seen in Abbas-Mustan's ready-to-release action thriller Race.
"It is entirely the directors' prerogative and we sign up the stars they want," Saif told IANS.
"Yes, I'd want Kareena and I to be in all our productions. But I'm not going to thrust our pair down producers' throats. Of course, I'd like Kareena to be in every film I make. But my directors may have other plans," he added.
After JP Dutta's LOC, the two will be seen together in Yash Raj Films' Tashan.
Saif has admitted his relationship with Kareena, who broke up with longstanding boyfriend Shahid Kapur. Saif also got 'Kareena' tattooed on his arm. Sadly, the famous arm has been injured. His hand was bandaged when he performed with a rock band in Bangalore and Mumbai last month.
"Yeah, I injured my right hand while shooting in Greece. I put a glass down too hard after a drink. And it broke in my hand. It's no big deal. The only thing is that I can't shake hands. Fortunately, it didn't affect my guitar-playing," said the actor whose Ta Ra Rum Pum and Eklavya - The Royal Guard bombed last year.
Saif says those who constantly ask him about the 'Kareena' tattoo annoy him.
"On the other hand, you can't really blame them, I suppose it's a big deal. So people will talk about it for sometime and then stop talking after a while. You got to remove yourself from the place of discomfort and look at it more dispassionately."
He was aware that the media would focus on the tattoo rather than his music when he performed at the concerts. "Fortunately, the audience appreciated the music. Look, the limelight is a moving spotlight. Once in a while, you are caught in it."
Couldn't he get the tattoo done in a less visible place? After all, it's all about Saif and his love. "No. It's between me and my arm," he shot back.
After the successful rock concerts, would Saif like to cut an album?
"No, can't sing beyond the lower notes. I was in Alibaug to finish the last schedule of Kunal Kohli's untitled film January 28 to February 3. We're done with this film."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.