I wish I was out of work: Nargis Fakhri
Her empty kitty in terms of film projects, after her debut flick Rockstar last year, hasn’t deterred Nargis Fakhri’s spirits. In fact, the Czech-Pakistani model-turned-actor says, she’s loaded with work.
“I’m out of work? God, I wish that was true. I would then have been in Goa, taking a tan right now on a beach somewhere. In fact I feel overworked and my manager says this is just the beginning,” says the 32-year-old, adding, “Everyday there’s something to do — ad shoots, magazine shoots, events, and then my Hindi classes. I’m also starting to learn Kathak. In terms of movies, there are things that are going on but I really can’t talk about them right now. All I can say is that I am really really busy and tired!”
The actor, who was in the Capital for the launch of HCL Me U1 and My Edu Tab, has also fallen in love with India. “Whenever I go to a country, I’m usually there for just three to four months. But, I’m here to stay... for a little more — two years may be,” says Nargis, adding, “I’ve adjusted a lot now because I’ve made friends. When I first came, it was very difficult. I cried a lot. But now I don’t miss home as much as I used to.” The one-film old actor seem to have learnt the tricks of the trade too as rumours about her relationship and affairs with her colleagues don’t hassle her anymore. “It doesn’t bother me anymore. I’ve learnt to laugh it away. I can’t cry on such stuff. I used to but now I just let my PR team handle it,” she said.
On being out of work...
I wish that was true, because then I would have been in Goa, taking a tan right now on a beach somewhere
On her stay in India...
I’m here to stay... for a little more — two years may be... I want to learn the traditional dances and singing. I’m going to buy a tabla too
It doesn’t bother me anymore. I’ve learnt to laugh it away. I don’t cry anymore
On learning Hindi
I’m trying to be literate in Hindi. I’m learning to write and learn the notations
Let’s Get connected
Would you like to see Nargis Fakhri in more Bollywood films? Tell us on www.facebook.com/htcity
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Sonakshi Sinha, who plays a tough cop in her debut web series, shared her first look from the show on the eve of International Women's Day. See it here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and director Taika Waititi are currently filming Thor: Love and Thunder in Australia. A few photos and a video from the sets have leaked online.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.