Kiku Sharda rubbishes reports of Krushna Abhishek being upset with him over Govinda joke on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Kiku Sharda has dismissed reports that Krushna Abhishek is upset with him over a joke he made on a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
In a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show, Kiku Sharda apparently took a swipe at his co-performer Krushna Abhishek's soured relationship with his uncle, actor Govinda. Kiku dismissed reports that Krushna was offended by his joke.
In an interview, he said that all is well between the two, and that he would never ambush Krushna like this.
"It was completely scripted, rehearsed and Krushna was aware that I had these lines," he told The Times of India. "It was just a joke and Krushna is not so shallow to take everything so seriously in life. And above all, why would I poke him about something he is uncomfortable about?"
Kiku added, "Both Krushna and I have worked separately on the show and also together in pairs. We both turn into kids, Dharamendra paaji and Sunny paaji and do many fun things together. So, I feel this was just picked up randomly by someone to create a controversy. We both found those lines funny and Krushna knows it's a joke. At the end of the day people should remember that we are just trying to make people laugh. Some jokes work and some don't. In this case, it was funny and we both laughed about it. I love Krushna and we gel really well. We share a great working equation with each other. I feel the credit for keeping us going for all these years goes to the writers who keep bringing something new to each episode."
In the episode, Krushna mock-scolded Kiku for saying something. “Chee chee aisi baat nahi karte (Don’t talk like this, how shameful),” he said, in character. To this, Kiku, also in character, replied, “Chi Chi to aapse baat nahi karte (Govinda doesn’t even talk to you).” 'Chi Chi' is Govinda's nickname.
Krushna and Govinda have often spoken about their differences publicly, and Krushna even refused to participate in an episode of The Kapil Sharma Show that featured his uncle as a guest.
Krushna told Bombay Times, “I learnt about Chi Chi mama coming on the show around 10 days ago. Since Sunita mami wasn’t accompanying him, the team thought that I would have no qualms performing. However, the incident has left a bad taste in my mouth. Last year, she didn’t want me to perform in front of them, but this time, I had reservations.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sidharth Shukla has long been rumoured to be dating Shehnaaz Gill. Fresh rumours suggest that the two have tied the knot. Sidharth has now clarified his marital status.
- Aly Goni and Jasmin Bhasin entered the reality show Bigg Boss 14 as best friends but discovered their feelings for each other through the course of the show.
- Arshi Khan opened up about her Lady Gaga-inspired gold dress at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and revealed Salman Khan's hilarious response to it.
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Nakuul Mehta and Jankee Parekh welcomed their son earlier this month. The latter took to Instagram and shared her experience of embracing motherhood.
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.