Neha Kakkar gifts ₹5 lakh to out-of-work lyricist Santosh Anand on Indian Idol
Singer Neha Kakkar has once again come to the aid of her colleagues from the music industry. On the latest episode of her singing reality show Indian Idol, Neha offered ₹5 lakh as a gift to veteran lyricist Santosh Anand.
As per a few reports, Neha was touched when Santosh, who has created songs such as Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma Hai from Shor and Mohabbat Hai Kya Cheez from Prem Rog, told the audience about how he has been out of work. He appeared on the show with musician Pyarelal of the legendary composer duo of Laxmikant-Pyarelal.
"I would like to give you ₹5 lakh as a small gesture and would also like to request the Indian entertainment industry to give Santosh Ji some work as he has been such a crucial part of our industry. It's our duty to help our colleagues in their bad times," Neha said on the show, as reported by DNA.
On the show, Neha and co-judge Vishal Dadlani also sang a few songs written by Santosh. The veteran lyricist is also a Filmfare Award recipient.
Earlier, Neha had gifted ₹1 lakh to Indian Idol contestant Shahzad Ali. As Shahzad sang Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s classic Kinna Sohna Tenu, he told the judges about his life. An employee at a small cloth shop in the city, Shahzad said he had been brought up by his nani (grandmother).
He said that to fulfil his dreams, his grandmother had to take a loan of ₹5,000 so that he could come to Mumbai and participate in Indian Idol. Neha was so touched by his story that she offered him ₹1 lakh. Vishal, meanwhile, offered to find him a good teacher who could train him.
Before that, Neha also gave ₹1 lakh to Shantabai Pawar, who became an internet sensation after a video of her performing a Marathi martial art went viral. “I am humbled that a woman of such magnitude has supported me today and personally her story has motivated me to push even harder in my musical journey on Indian Idol 12. Neha ma'am is really sweet to offer help and I thank Shantabai Pawar for coming today, I am honoured,” Shantabai said, according to India Today.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.