9 of the best Father’s Day gifts for the stylish dad
If you are searching for Father’s Day gifts, here are some of the best options for you.fashion and trends Updated: Jun 16, 2018 15:21 IST
A solid white or navy poplin shirt or smaller tartan with country checks tucked in with a pair of slim-fit, stretchable jeans and aviators will keep you in vogue irrespective of your age, say experts. Arun Kumar KS, General Manager-Design, Pantaloons, and Partha Sinha, Assitant Vice President, Design at Louis Philippe and Luxure at Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail share some style hacks:
* Linen shirts: A crisp linen shirt is an absolute must-have in any father’s wardrobe. A millennial father would look dapper in a full-sleeved linen shirt with rolled-up sleeves paired with denim jeans. For a seasoned father, a short-sleeved linen shirt tucked in with clean and clear cut creases would be more appropriate to give him a prim and proper look.
* Polos: Polos are extremely versatile. It is recommended, especially for seniors, that they experiment with polos for a fresher look. They could try saturated brights paired with navy chinos or rugby polos for a family day out and printed polos for an evening get-together. New-age dads could opt for solid polos with denims or chinos for the perfect look.
* Prints: Younger dads could opt for subtle, minimal, tonal prints while senior ones could try printed shirts with khakis, geometric motifs/cravats.
* Invest: Shop for a good white oxford shirt, premium indigo denim, leather bomber, cable knit sweater, pure wool suit and a navy blazer. Keeping the colours sans fuss and masculine will make you look sharp.
* Accessorise: Get yourself a stylish watch, followed by a simple and clean leather bracelet and a belt. Spruce the timeless navy blazer with a pocket square, and silk woven tie or a scarf.
* Belts: The most essential accessory in any man’s wardrobe is the belt. The choice of belts is very important. It’s time to give up on the formal metal buckle belt and instead move towards matte finish leather belts that are slightly more vintage in appearance.
* Denims: Younger dads can opt for denims with a medium to heavy wash accompanied by mild distress along with plaid. Older ones should opt for cleaner, mid-washed to rinsed jeans that could be clubbed with a solid shirt, tan belt and leather boots.
* Khakis: From its origin to its sturdiness, khaki blends into the Indian man’s wardrobe. Be it the khaki-based checks or brown tartans, they go well with Indian geography. Younger dads could go for earthy shades, be it mud brown or maroon with bigger checks paired with desert boots. Seniors can tone up the olives in their khaki collection.
* Do not go into brand overdose: Overbranding yourself may make you look like an ‘insecure dad trying to be cool’. While a subtle logo on the cuff or pocket can add a decorative touch to a shirt or a plain tee, a statement-brand word should never be visible from far. Instead stick to garments that look expensive because of their impeccable quality of material / craftsmanship and fit.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jun 16, 2018 15:20 IST