Acne cure, here are the causes, home remedies to get rid of facial scars
Dealing with acne can be a pain. And the skin condition invariably has a habit of showing up when you least expect it. Here are expert-recommended ways to tackle it.
Indrayani Pawar, team leader, dietician team, Hinduja Healthcare Surgical, Mumbai, shares 3 common reasons that lead to acne:
1. Coffee lovers, there’s bad news for you. Drinking excess of your favourite cuppa triggers acne. Even the milk and sugar in the coffee are dietary triggers. So you may want to go easy on the beverage if you want clear skin.
2. Eating highly processed food triggers an insulin spike in the body and interferes with the gut flora. Avoid baked, fried and junk food as they have a high glycemic index. On the other, hand one should include more of fruits and veggies which have low glycemic index to the diet.
3. People also get stress pimples. This is because of hormonal imbalance in the body due to stress which leads to breakout. Ideally, you should have a routine to get enough sleep and a balanced diet which is an important factor in skin health.
Dr Raina Nahar, consultant dermatologist and cosmetologist, Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai, shares 3 home remedies for acne:
Tea tree oil
It works as an effective home remedy for many conditions, but especially for acne and other skin conditions. It breaks up clogged pores, clear out dead skin cells, and keeps acne from coming back. To use tee tree oil, mix one part oil to six to nine parts water, depending on how strong you want the mixture to be. Apply directly to the skin using cotton balls and leave it on for around 30 minutes. You can moisturise afterwards, but be sure that you never use tea tree oil undiluted.
If you have spots that are especially swollen and red, ice can be a great way to reduce inflammation and reduce the appearance of blemishes. This may sound like a simplistic method but it’s surprisingly useful.
Apple cider vinegar
It is formed from fermented unfiltered pressed apple juice. It has anti- bacterial and anti-viral properties. It also reduces oil secretion. Mix apple cider vinegar with water in ratio of 1:3 and apply on the face for 30 seconds and then rinse. Repeat 1-2 times per day, if needed.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- From sunshiny suit that leaves one day dreaming to silk maxi dress that looks perfect for hot summer evenings, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been raising the sartorial bar in her own sizzling style during the promotions of The White Tiger and the fashionista in us is inspired
- Looking for an impactful yet comfortable occasion wear? Check out Kajol’s luxe boho look in Netflix release Tribhanga, donning a multicoloured chiffon cape with sleeves, to channel the modern global woman vibe while staying true to the heritage
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared her quick and easy to do makeup look that she sticks to for all the video calls. The actor is currently extremely busy promoting her upcoming film and her autobiography, online.
- Nora Fatehi recently shared a beautiful black and white image of herself looking like a dream in a pearl bustier designed for her by the duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- Malaika Arora has been telling us the correct way to rock a comfy outfit with panache for the longest time now and her latest pictures that are from an impromptu shoot in her balcony featuring a maxi dress are giving us all the inspiration that we need.
- Sara Ali Khan is currently soaking in the sun and enjoying delicious meals with her family in the Maldives. The actor is also serving us some major beachwear goals with her pictures.