Deepika Padukone’s Time 100 Gala saree is the perfect mix of sexy and sweet
Deepika isn’t afraid to take a risk, which she confirmed when she served up this memorable ‘vision in white’ look at the TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Gala in New York on Tuesday.
For the iconic occasion, the Padmavaat star went the traditional route, sporting a noteworthy Anamika Khanna saree that made our pulses shoot through the roof because it was so breathtaking: Would you expect anything less from the unparalleled red carpet style queen?
Showing fellow TIME Magazine gala attendees how one properly works (and slays) a red carpet, Deepika’s extraordinary — and unexpected — ivory get-up featured a beautiful formfitting silhouette, a plunging sweetheart neckline and served up a healthy dose of bold and eye-catching details. Is there anything dreamier than a voluminous ruffle detail on a blouse with very long sleeves?
From a distance, you can already tell Deepika’s floral embroidered pre-draped saree and matching blouse have a dazzling amount of details... Then, Khanna gave her Instagram followers a closer look of all the detail on the couture design, and we have a whole new level of appreciation for her artistry.
The three-dimensional blooming embellishments around the hem and pallu breath fresh air into the ensemble, while adding softness and movement to the minimalist offering. The pallu-cum-train also adds a sense of charm and drama to the look. Deepika paired the head-turning designer number with dazzling Farah Khan diamond and emerald earrings to make for one heck of a glitzy look.
Deepika’s bold make-up look didn’t go unnoticed — she looked every bit the goth princess with a dark lip and fuller-than-full brows. But despite her experimentation with a bold burgundy lip colour, Deepika does have a few techniques she always falls back on, like this tight, midle-part low ponytail that showsoff her soft-pink blush and flawless skin.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bhagyashree gives fans a sneak-peek into her kitchen as she prepares organic oil to nourish her hair, claims it reduces hairfall when applied atleast once every week | Watch
- Hina Khan recently took to her social media and shared images of herself wearing a purple and pink tracksuit. We are guessing that this is what Barbie would look like in athleisure.
- For her flight, Kiara Advani opted for an extremely comfy attire and wore an all-black velvet tracksuit. The Kabir Singh actor added a hint of elan to it with her high-end cross-body bag.
- Shanaya Kapoor oozes charms as she lays fashion inspiration, for resort wear this summer season, in a sizzling floral mini dress which is sure to make heads turns
- For her cousin's haldi ceremony in the Maldives, the Ek Villain actor Shraddha Kapoor opted to wear a white and sea blue lehenga choli set and look absolutely breathtaking.
- Vaani Kapoor raises the bar of ethnic fashion this season by stunning in a ₹1.5 lakh olive green sleeveless velvet kurta and sharara from Anita Dongre and we are bookmarking this opulent look for the next wedding
- For a promotional event of her upcoming film, Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor opted to wear a gorgeous floor-sweeping black dress and looked absolutely fantastic.