Today in New Delhi, India
Nov 15, 2018-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind


Model Alesia Raut tells us about her day at the LFW.

fashion and trends Updated: Aug 08, 2012 16:19 IST
Shweta Gandhi
Shweta Gandhi
Hindustan Times

Model Alesia Raut tells us about her day at the LFW.

6 am
After waking up, I always do a 10-minute whole-body workout. Breakfast is an important meal that I never miss. After dropping my son to school, I left for the venue.

8.30 am
I reached backstage and the rehearsals started. Since I’ve been walking the ramp for the last 10 seasons, I was not stressed but on this particular day, I was supposed to walk for four shows, so I was slightly under pressure.

11.00 am
It was time to do my hair and make-up before the show. We models always queue ourselves for that, so as to avoid catfights backstage. It takes 30 minutes for hair and make-up, and another 30 to get into our outfits. After that, everyone rushes to the washrooms just before the show starts.

11.30 am
Walked for Outhouse, Valliyan by Nitya, Rohan Arora and Gaga’s show.

12 pm
Usually, after the show gets over, we either attend press conferences, or grab a bite just before running for the next show’s rehearsal.

2 pm
I went for the hair and make-up to get ready for the next show. A good friend of mine, who is also a model, gets home-cooked food, which we ate for lunch. Then we rehearsed for the next show.

3 pm
Walked the ramp for Bhairavi Jaikishan.

6 pm
Got ready for the next show. As I had to wear a bikini for this one, I avoided eating dinner and ate healthy snacks, nuts and drank a lot of water to keep my stomach flat. I was very nervous for the last show as I was wearing a bikini after a year!

7.30 pm
I walked the ramp for Shivan and Narresh, and Swapnil Shinde. After that, I attended a press conference, and went to say hi to a couple of friends who had dropped in to see my show. Then in exactly 10 minutes, I had dinner, and in another 10, I was done with my hair and make-up for the last show. It was a simple look, so it took less time. After the rehearsals, it was show time and I was very nervous.

9.30 pm
Walked for Sanchita Ajjampur.

11 pm
After the show ended, we had to go for the grand finale rehearsal, which was very tiring and took a lot of time.

2 am
I rushed home and fell asleep, after a very tiring, but fruitful day.

First Published: Aug 08, 2012 15:52 IST