Kim Kardashian denies rumours of removing ribs to fit in 2019 Met Gala outfit
After grabbing eyeballs at the 2019 Met Gala in May this year, Kim Kardashian is now falling in the middle of theories that she might have removed her ribs to pull off the look well.
According to Fox News, the star wore a tight, body-hugging Thierry Mugler mini dress at Met Gala. In a recent interview with WSJ. Magazine and as cited by Fox News, Kardashian who landed herself into such theories, simply responded, “I don’t even know if that’s possible.”
Although she did not have any ribs removed, she admitted that fitting into the designer couture was a very painful ordeal. The article read that the star had to take breathing lessons in order to wear the outfit and that it took a physical toll on her body.
“I have never felt pain like that in my life,” Kardashian confessed. “I’ll have to show you pictures of the aftermath when I took it off -- the indentations on my back and my stomach.”
In a behind-the-scenes Vogue video and as cited by Fox News, which was uploaded shortly after the event, revealed that Kardashian told those at the Gala that her outfit made it difficult for her to sit down and even restricted her from using the restroom.
“Anna, if I don’t sit down for dinner, now you know why,” she laughed, referring to Vogue editor Anna Wintour. Kardashian attempted to sit with the bodysuit on for Vogue’s cameras. “I can only like half-sit,” she said in the video.
“I won’t be able to pee for about four hours,” Kardashian later told the Vogue camera people and as reported by Fox News. “So we’re coming up with a plan of what we do in case of an emergency.”
The eye appealing outfit of the Kardashian was a stark contrast to her husband Kanye West’s look at the Gala, which simply consisted of a black Dickies jacket and pants, along with his brand of Yeezy combat boots.
The star recently responded to criticism over her new shapewear line, whose name is set to be changed following accusations of cultural appropriation.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Looking for a picnic date outfit to make a statement? Hina Khan is giving some inspiration in her white sheer lace dress. The actor, known for her impeccable sartorial sense, recently shared stunning images of herself and we are speechless.
- Janhvi Kapoor has made a name for herself as a fashionista. Time and again, the actor wears an outfit and inspires us to upgrade our wardrobe. This time, she is teaching us the correct way to do layering during winter season.
- Nora Fatehi again made headlines as she stepped out wearing a gorgeous beige kaftan dress. The dancer gave elegance a new meaning with her regal outfit.
- For the online promotions of The White Tiger, Priyanka Chopra donned the perfect Work From Home attire. The actor also opted to do her own makeup and we can totally relate.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan has changed the game for kaftan and made the humble outfit one of the most on-trend pieces of clothing.
- Summer, is that you? Tandav star Gauahar Khan sets us daydreaming of warm sunshiny months as she flaunts a flowy silhouette and luxe breezy look at hubby Zaid Darbar’s Atrangz launch in a sheer boho-chic yellow dress by Meadow
- Looking to dip your toes in trend without wanting to make a big investment? Check out Karisma Kapoor's maximalist but pocket-friendly look in a purple floral collared dress from H&M, during her recent night out with Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Mallika Bhat and Kareena Kapoor Khan