Kim Kardashian opens up about ‘pain’ she felt in Met Gala ensemble
American reality star Kim Kardashian who dazzled in a beaded latex Thierry Mugler dress at this year’s Met Gala has now opened up about the ‘pain’ she felt while dressed in the ensemble.
“I have never felt pain like that in my life,” People quoted Kardashian as saying in an interview with the WSJ magazine.
While she flaunted her hourglass figure in the super-tight ensemble, she was left with several marks on her body after she changed.
“I’ll have to show you pictures of the aftermath when I took it off -- the indentations on my back and my stomach,” she added.
Not only this, but the KKW beauty mogul also revealed that she had to undergo breathing lessons from Mister Pearl before the fashion event.
“Corset breathing lessons from none other than Mr Pearl. It was worth it all!!! And this was the start of a magical inspiring connection. Stay tuned for more,” she had shared on Instagram earlier.
For Kim to look that flawless in the Met event, it took three assistants to fit her dress.
Meanwhile, Kardashian was caught in controversy for her shapewear line ‘Kimono’ as fans said this was ‘disrespecting’ Japanese culture. However, she has announced that she will be renaming the label as she appreciates the passion and ‘varied perspectives’ that people bring to her.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Khushi Kapoor is currently holidaying in Delhi and giving us winter wardrobe inspiration. The 20-year-old has been spotted wearing a lot of delicate crop sweaters and wide-legged pants.
- Nora Fatehi, who is currently holidaying in Dubai, has been serving us some royal looks lately. Her recent statement-making kaftan dress is fit for a queen and we love it.
- Anne Hathaway forgoes the traditional red carpet premiere of her film ‘Locked Down’ but treats fans to a slew of luxurious looks in three dazzling metallic gowns from Vivienne Westwood, Versace and Azzaro and we can’t stop swooning
- Samantha Akkineni recently slayed in a denim midi dress at the promotions of her upcoming web series, The Family Man. The actor flaunted her enviable curves in the distressed bodycon outfit.
- Manish Malhotra encourages men to experiment with colours this wedding season, nails a dapper magnificent look in a purple textured sherwani with a bold animal emblem and a pair of white pants and we are in awe
- Gauahar Khan shared images of herself looking absolutely stunning in a sweater worth ₹2k and pyjamas along with husband Zaid Darbar. The fashionista can slay any outfit and these images are proof.
- Want to look your 'vinatge best' on a date night with bae this winter? Sonam Kapoor Ahuja sorts fashion woes on how to sizzle up some romance and make a steamy monochromatic statement like she does in a sultry black velvet dress from Anand Ahuja's Bhaane. Read on for styling cues
- Want to make a fashion statement in office while sticking to an easy fit no-fuss garment? Look no further as Bhumi Pednekar sorts your fashion woes with her radiant look in a dirt yellow and beige jumpsuit that is sure to steal all the spotlight at work
- 13-time PGA Tour winner, Justin Thomas was dropped as an ambassador by the fashion brand Ralph Lauren on Friday, after the golfer was caught uttering a homophobic slur last Saturday during a tournament.
- For Makar Sankranti celebrations at her home, Aditi Rao Hydari wore a breathtakingly beautiful anarkali suit that featured an exquisite floral print.
- Karisma Kapoor exudes the richness of sartorial traditions as she nails work from home fashion in a vibrant ready-to-wear handmade midi dress, in romantic pink hue, by Anita Dongre and we are smitten
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja proves to be ahead of the fashion curve yet again as she looks like a dream while flaunting a sensual and generous silhouette in Stephane Rolland’s Imperial China inspired gown, ravishing pictures set the Internet ablaze
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Though Dolce & Gabbana have withdrawn from the four-day men's fashion event, brands like Fendi, Etro and Kway are opting to broadcast live shows while Ermenegildo Zegna, Tod's, Prada and Church's have opted for pre-records as rising Covid-19 cases dampen the buzz in Italy