Malaika Arora recreates her ‘Chaiyaan Chaiyaan’ look this Diwali, joins Arjun Kapoor in Himachal for celebrations
You do not have to be a Bollywood buff to be well versed with the dance and lyrics of Chaiyaan Chaiyaan from the 1998 release, Bombay and closely resembling her look from the song was Malaika Arora as she dressed to kill this Diwali. Dolling up in ethnic wear, Malaika set fans on frenzy with her flood of pictures that seemed to recreate her iconic look from the item number before flying down to join boyfriend-actor Arjun Kapoor in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, for festive celebrations.
Taking to her Instagram handle, Malaika shared a slew of pictures featuring her in a red lehenga, black blouse with silver embroidery work and an organza ankle-length jacket. Accessorising her look with a pair of antique hand cuffs, a pair of earrings with a contemporary edge, finger rings and an eclectic matha patti, Malaika looked drop-dead gorgeous to shoot another episode of India’s Best Dancer that she co-judges.
Pulling back her sleek mid-parted hair in a low bun, the diva adorned it with a gajra. Wearing smokey-eyed makeup, a nude lipstick, highlighted cheeks and on-fleek eyebrows, Malaika posed for candids.
The pictures were captioned, “Love n light (sic).” Malaika’s traditional yet contemporary ensemble is credited to Indian fashion designer Anamika Khanna.
The diva was spotted posing for pictures later in the day, alongside actors Saif Ali Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez who are Arjun’s co-stars in Bhoot Police. Malaika was joined by BFF Kareena Kapoor Khan who too had flown down to Dharamshala, along with Taimur, to be together with Saif on Diwali.
On Sunday morning, Malaika and Arjun along with Kareena, Saif and Taimur were seen dressed in casuals and idly strolling on the hillside.
As we work off another weekend, we wish for a similar sartorial wardrobe and an exotic getaway to the hills with our loved ones.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- One of Priyanka Chopra's Work From Home looks garnered more attention than the rest. Her fans loved her dark copper coloured formal blouse which she accessorised with statement gold jewellery.
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.
- Watch: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja spills the beans on her 3 favourite hair care products for the times she wants to be 'romantic' or when she opts to be 'less fancy' in this ‘Vanity Vignettes’ video
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.
- For her recent outing in Dubai, Nora Fatehi opted to wear a stunning black velvet full-sleeved dress that also featured a thigh-high slit. The actor's gown is the epitome of modern luxury.
- From nerdy minimalist look to contemporary chic, The Girl on The Train actor Kirti Kulhari serves a slew of fashionable styles that are a must-have for this year's Spring-Summer wardrobe
- The fashionista and fitness freak Sara Ali Khan has been sharing some picturesque views from the Maldives and serving us with bookmark-worthy holiday fashion. Her latest pictures in a sustainable monokini are no different.
- From sunshiny suit that leaves one day dreaming to silk maxi dress that looks perfect for hot summer evenings, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been raising the sartorial bar in her own sizzling style during the promotions of The White Tiger and the fashionista in us is inspired