Neeta Lulla’s collection to open India Beach Fashion Week in Goa
The third edition of the India Beach Fashion Week, Asia’s biggest resort-wear fashion event, will begin in Goa on Friday. Apart from shows by top designers, other highlights include knowledge forums and a special segment called Made in Goa meant to showcase local talent.
The event will open with an experimental show by top Indian fashion designer Neeta Lulla, who will showcase her collection inspired by Chinese flowers like the Cherry Blossom and Osmanthus, which represent femininity, sensuality and love and romance.
“We have a mix of fashion shows and knowledge forums like Future Fashion Conclave and networking sessions like Sangria by the Sea, to offer a wholesome experience for attendees and participants,” event co-founder Pallav Ojha has said in a statement.
In its third season, the event will introduce two unique properties -- Future Fashion Conclave and Sangria by the Sea -- which will bring together the best minds in the fashion industry under one roof for knowledge sharing and networking.
The three-day India Beach Fashion Week will also have a Made in Goa showcase which is designed to create a global platform to Goa-based designers, artists, textiles, handicraft to showcase their talent to global audience, serve as an opportunity for young designers to display their work before buyers, top celebrities, etc.
“Increasingly, destination weddings and theme parties are becoming part of our social culture and hence the beachwear or resort wear category also has seen a fillip in the recent times. With IBFW we hope to offer designers a platform to showcase talent and lead the conversation around resort fashion in the country,” said co-founder Amyn Manji.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bhagyashree gives fans a sneak-peek into her kitchen as she prepares organic oil to nourish her hair, claims it reduces hairfall when applied atleast once every week | Watch
- Hina Khan recently took to her social media and shared images of herself wearing a purple and pink tracksuit. We are guessing that this is what Barbie would look like in athleisure.
- For her flight, Kiara Advani opted for an extremely comfy attire and wore an all-black velvet tracksuit. The Kabir Singh actor added a hint of elan to it with her high-end cross-body bag.
- Shanaya Kapoor oozes charms as she lays fashion inspiration, for resort wear this summer season, in a sizzling floral mini dress which is sure to make heads turns
- For her cousin's haldi ceremony in the Maldives, the Ek Villain actor Shraddha Kapoor opted to wear a white and sea blue lehenga choli set and look absolutely breathtaking.
- Vaani Kapoor raises the bar of ethnic fashion this season by stunning in a ₹1.5 lakh olive green sleeveless velvet kurta and sharara from Anita Dongre and we are bookmarking this opulent look for the next wedding
- For a promotional event of her upcoming film, Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor opted to wear a gorgeous floor-sweeping black dress and looked absolutely fantastic.