Nothing like ghar ka khana to stay fit, says Soundarya
When you scroll through Soundarya Sharma’s Instagram page, it is awash with feel-good vibes and fitness tips, and this fitness enthusiast is shaping a community with her relentless positivity and unapologetic sass. Stuck in Los Angeles, USA, for months due to the pandemic, the actor says it was a one-of-a-kind experience. “I missed my family, but I grew as a person, became a brave woman fighting emotional and mental turmoil. I feel I’m a different person altogether,” she says with a proud smile, as she tells us how her fitness goals are surging.
Staying abroad, Sharma shares, gave her time to do things she could never do back home. “I hiked for 10 miles a day to channelise my energy. Since there were no gyms, I found fitness lying in the lap of nature. I never imagined I could hike for even two-three miles, and I used to do a minimum of 11 miles. I’d get up at 5am and by 5.30am, I was out walking or running, witnessing the beautiful sunrise and natural beauty,” reminisces the actor, who worked out using a resistance band, practised yoga and also tried out forms of underwater workout.
However, Sharma believes one must also eat well. “I don’t think an intense workout will give you a great body. What we eat is important,” she continues, “I eat small portions. I start my day with coconut water, then green tea or jasmine tea, 10 almonds soaked overnight, walnuts and even basil seeds.”
“For breakfast, I have oats or multigrain toast. Around mid-afternoon, I have cucumber water. For lunch, I have sauteed vegetables, a bowl full of beans or lentils, no carbs. Sometimes, I eat dal and rice. I have one cup of black coffee and for dinner, I have salad. Ghar ka khana is my mantra,” explains Sharma, who shares three crucial things to remember before jumping onto the fitness bandwagon. “Don’t listen to anyone telling you what to do and what to eat, drink lots of water and sleep well, don’t eat after 7-7.30pm. Switch to ragi or multigrain flour,” she signs off.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor recently visited Kareena Kapoor Khan to meet the new baby. Malaika looked absolutely stunning in her pinstripe midi dress and matching accessories.
- Bipasha Basu’s sizzling looks from Maldives, set vacation vibes soaring high be it in a tangerine or floral print georgette kaftan by Varun Bahl and we can’t wait to let these contemporary styles jazz up our summer wardrobe without burning a hole in our pockets
- For the shooting of a new advertisement, Mira Rajput wore a gorgeous tile print mini draped ruffled dress. We are fan of this summery look.
- The 78th annual Golden Globe Awards 2021 was held on February 28. While most of the celebrities attended the show from the comforts of their home, some made it to the red carpet and flaunted their gorgeous sartorial picks. Some, however, did not make it to the best dressed list.
- As the Globes split hosts, with Amy Poehler at the Beverly Hilton and Tina Fey at the Rainbow Room in New York. There was nary a pair of sweats in sight.
- After returning from the Maldives, Shilpa Shetty stepped out for lunch with her family at her restaurant and opted to wear a co-ord set that was comfy and chic at the same time.
- For a day outing, Rakul Preet opted to wear a beautiful lemon yellow mini dress with a crop denim jacket. The actor imparted summer vibes with her ensemble and we are inspired.
- Mouni Roy is the new millennial trendsetter and these pictures of her in cool and fast fashion of tie and dye loungewear are proof
- Malaika Arora recently took to Instagram to wish her fans a happy Sunday as the actor enjoyed a lazy day at home wearing a sports bra and sweat pants.