Yves Saint Laurent set for name change
Following rumors that French fashion house Yves Saint Laurent would be dropping the Yves from its name, reports June 21 reveal that there are plans to change the moniker to Saint Laurent Paris.
Founded in 1962 by late creator Yves Saint Laurent and his partner Pierre Bergé, it is reported that the label's rebranding is part of new creative director Hedi Slimane's makeover of the fashion house, following the announcement back in March that he would replace Stefano Pilati.
According to WWD, the new branding will be introduced in the coming months, most likely to coincide with Slimane's first designs for the label's Spring 2013 collection going on sale. However, it is expected that the YSL logo, which has long been one of the most iconic symbols of French luxury, will remain.
Sources told the publication that Slimane hopes to bring Saint Laurent into a new era, and although this new move may raise eyebrows, it is in keeping with many other top houses that go by a singular surname such as Prada, Versace and Chanel.
When Slimane was appointed Saint Laurent creative director a statement explained that he had been given "total creative responsibility for the brand image and all of its collections."
So far he has shied away from the press, with his women's cruise and Spring 2013 menswear collections only going on show to buyers.
Slimane should be making his first big statement to the international press this September during Paris Fashion Week when he showcases his Spring 2013 womenswear designs.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a recent shoot, Mira Rajput donned a beautiful yellow sundress that was adorned with intricate floral print. The fashionista looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress and we are bookmarking it.
- One of Priyanka Chopra's Work From Home looks garnered more attention than the rest. Her fans loved her dark copper coloured formal blouse which she accessorised with statement gold jewellery.
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.
- Watch: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja spills the beans on her 3 favourite hair care products for the times she wants to be 'romantic' or when she opts to be 'less fancy' in this ‘Vanity Vignettes’ video
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.
- For her recent outing in Dubai, Nora Fatehi opted to wear a stunning black velvet full-sleeved dress that also featured a thigh-high slit. The actor's gown is the epitome of modern luxury.
- From nerdy minimalist look to contemporary chic, The Girl on The Train actor Kirti Kulhari serves a slew of fashionable styles that are a must-have for this year's Spring-Summer wardrobe