Abducted, child killed: Gurgaon gang rape victim narrates her night of horror - Hindustan Times

Abducted, child killed: Gurgaon gang rape victim narrates her night of horror

Hindustan Times | ByYashaswani Sehrawat, Gurgaon
Jun 08, 2017 12:00 PM IST

Victim said she took a lift in a van as she had to reach her in-laws’ place at Khandsa village with her daughter.

She ran away from her house in Manesar in search of a safe haven. But little did she know that the outside world would be unimaginably dangerous.

Yogendra, one of the two accused, arrested on Wednesday.(Parveen Kumar/HT)
Yogendra, one of the two accused, arrested on Wednesday.(Parveen Kumar/HT)

The Manesar gangrape victim has divulged gruesome and disturbing details about that night and the following day.

Hindustan Times - your fastest source for breaking news! Read now.

Nineteen-year-old Sunita (name changed) had no other option on the night of May 29 other than running away from the Bas Kusla village in Manesar, located around 25 km from Gurgaon. Her eight-month-old daughter had fallen from the stairs of her house and Sunita thought her neighbour had some role to play. She and her husband had got into an argument with their pregnant neighbour Rani, and in a fit of rage, her husband slapped and beat up Rani. As a result, Rani’s nose started bleeding profusely and she had a miscarriage — both Sunita and her husband got scared.

While Rani’s husband called up the police, a frightened Sunita and her husband ran away. However, they went separate ways.

“My husband went to Naharpur and I took my eight-month-old daughter with me to go to my in-laws’ place in Gurgaon’s Khandsa village. We left the room around 11.30 -12.00 am on May 29,” the 19-year-old survivor told mediapersons on Tuesday.

HT had initially reported that the woman was 22-years-old, but according to latest information, she is 19.

Wanting to reach Khandsa as soon as possible, she took a lift in a truck from Bas Kusla village. And her ordeal began soon after.

“The truck driver stopped the vehicle after driving for a little while and started molesting me. When he continued, I tried getting out of the truck but couldn’t. I then jumped off the truck with my daughter,” she revealed.

She saw three men drinking beer nearby. Afraid that the truck driver would follow her, she approached them for help. She told what had happened to the three men, who not only consoled her but even beat up the driver badly.

They then assured her that they would drop her off safely to Khandsa village and offered her lift in their Tata Magic van. Sunita was already disturbed with what had happened and taking the help seemed the best option.

HT had reported that the incident took place while she was travelling in an auto-rickshaw, but police clarified on Wednesday that it was actually a van.

“Hari, tu khana bandhwa, hum gaadi modke late hain (Hari, have the food packed while we bring the car around) the driver told one of them and went to the Kherki Daula toll.

“They had a fight with the toll official over fee. They then started the van and went back to the Rimjhim hotel where Hari was waiting,” Sunita told the media.

The road near the hotel was deserted and they forced her out of the van to the adjacent jungle. They took turns to rape her. The infant daughter was with them throughout.

When they were finished, they threw the toddler out of the van and drove off.

It was 2 am. On regaining consciousness, Sunita could only think of her daughter. She ran towards her but didn’t realise she was dead.

With her daughter on her lap, she went to a nearby industry in sector 8, Manesar where the security guard helped her. He, along with his supervisor, advised her to wait there till morning. They then dropped her to Aligarh from where she took an auto-rickshaw to Khandsa.

“I went to a hospital there but they declared my daughter dead,” she said.

Distraught, she boarded the metro carrying her dead daughter and went to her parents’ home in Tughlakabad. Once there, she went to a clinic in Hauz Rani, but was told again that her daughter had died.

Meanwhile, her husband came to know about the death of the child through his father in Khandsa. He rang her up asked her to come back. He later informed the police of his daughter’s death.

The victim boarded the metro again with her deceased infant and got down at MG Road metro station, where her husband and the police were waiting.

They registered a complaint on May 30, but it was only on the their daughter’s murder.

It was only later that she mustered courage to tell her husband and family about the gang rape. Then, on June 3, she finally told the police about the gang rape and they conducted their medical examination, adding sections of gangrape to the FIR.

Two of the accused were arrested on Wednesday.

Share this article
Story Saved
Live Score
Saved Articles
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Saturday, February 24, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On