Some Beauty Hints
Add a little carrot juice and orange juice to a cup of milk. Rub this mixture daily on a face scarred with smallpox marks and they may disappear gradually.health and fitness Updated: Jul 28, 2003 18:16 IST
Whatever beauty aid you decide to make use of, stick to it and do it regularly to get a lasting benefit.
1. Rub a rind of lemon over your face if you have an oily skin and this will lessen grease and whiten your complexion.
2. Mix the juice of one lemon to two tablespoons of milk or cream. Apply this on your face and neck and massage for a few minutes. Then rinse off. Do this daily before going to bed. It helps to bleach your face and keep your hands soft and supple.
3. Take a teaspoon of lime juice and stir in half a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of milk. Mix well and apply over your face and neck fifteen minutes before you take your bath. This lotion will have a mild bleaching effect on a greasy skin, which because of its excessive oil may be rather sallow.
4. To one tablespoon of cucumber juice, stir in a few drops of lime juice and a dash of turmeric powder. Mix well and apply over your face and neck. Leave it on for half an hour and then remove it with ordinary tap water. This lotion makes an excellent whitener for all types of skin.
5. Cut tomatoes in half and rub over the face. This is useful for toning up and whitening the skin and refining the pores.
6. To cleanse the face, soak a piece of cotton wool in unboiled milk and rub the face with it gently from the chin upwards to the forehead.
7. Mix a teaspoonful of turmeric powder with cream, sandal powder and bengal gram flour and make into a paste and apply once a day for about half an hour before a bath. This is an excellent beauty aid to keep the face fresh and soft.
8. Grate and squeeze juice out of a small piece of watermelon. Apply it on your face and leave it on for about fifteen minutes. Then wash with hot water and splash on some cold water. This lotion not only freshens up the skin but also clears the skin of its blemishes.
9. Grind a few cabbage leaves and extract the juice. Dissolve a little yeast in it and to this add a teaspoon of honey. Mix well and apply it thickly over your face and neck and leave it on for fifteen minutes. Then remove with cotton wool soaked in water. This is an excellent remedy for counter-acting dry skin.
10. To close pores that are open, rub ice wrapped in cotton wool gently on the face.
11. Add a little carrot juice and orange juice to a cup of milk. Rub this mixture daily on a face scarred with smallpox marks and they may disappear gradually.
12. To remove dead skin from the face, apply a mixture of glycerine, lime juice and sugar and rub gently.
First Published: Jul 15, 2003 20:45 IST