Tomato drinks to frequent bathing: Tips to tackle sweat
From drinking tomato juice to putting potato patches in your armpit, here are many herbal and simple ways of dealing with body odour.
In the treacherous summer months, sweat is a major problem. Though it is a natural phenomenon, it can be quite embarrassing and problematic when you are out with someone or have to go for an important meeting.
Clean habits like bathing and home hacks like putting potatoes slices under your arms and drinking a glass of tomato juice every day will help you in getting rid of this excessive sweat.
Here are some easy tips on how to keep sweat at bay this summer season.
1. Coconut oil: Infuse about 10 grams of camphor in a bowl of coconut oil and apply on the sweat prone areas after bath. Leave it on for 45-60 minutes. Wash it off with clean water to give you desired results.
2. Shower: Have a bath daily, ideally using an antibacterial soap and dry thoroughly. You should also apply an antiperspirant regularly, which are available in the form of sprays, powders and roll-ons.
3. Salt: To cure excessive sweating this summer, mix a tablespoon of salt with lime juice. Massaging your hands with this mix will decelerate the activities of sweat glands.
4. Wear pastel shades: Stick to light colours as they reflect the sunlight, rather than dark shades that tend to absorb heat. Wearing hats could also control keep the head cool.
5. Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil can be applied to the high perspiring areas. Desired results can be seen if regularly used. It is also excellent for oily skin.
6. Potato: These will help in getting rid of sweat. Simply cut slices of potato and rub them under your arms and the areas prone to sweat. Allow the slices to dry before wearing your clothes.
7. Tomato juice: Drinking a glass of tomato juice every day will help you in getting rid of this excessive sweat during summer.
8. Grapes: A natural anti-oxidant, grapes help you balance the temperature of the body. So eating grapes daily can help you soothe out the problem of this excessive sweating.
9. Vinegar: Intake of two teaspoons of natural vinegar and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar is an excellent remedy to cure the excessive sweating. Taking this mixture thrice a day on an empty stomach half an hour before or after meals will give you the desired results.
10. Cornstarch and baking soda: If you sweat profusely, applying the mixture of cornstarch and baking soda under the arms will help you get rid of this problem. After applying the mixture let it stay for half an hour till it dries up and later wash it off with clean water.