Your make-up products can be riskier than you ever thought
This is your worst nightmare coming true. Your make-up products can put you at risk of early menopause!
Chemicals in lipstick, face cream and nail varnish can speed up the process by four years, according to a study. The study examined the effects of 111 chemicals on 31,575 women.
As many as 15 different chemicals were identified as harmful by a team of researchers at Washington University in St Louis and among them were phthalates, which are used to soften plastics.
They are found in food packaging and household products, including perfume, lipsticks, body wash, hair care products and nail varnishes, reports dailymail.co.uk.
The scientists analysed the levels of 111 chemicals in the blood and urine of the 31,575 women who took part in the study.
Their findings show that women with higher levels of certain chemicals go through the change two to four years earlier than those with lower levels.
A decline in ovarian function not only affects fertility, but can lead to a woman suffering heart disease, osteoporosis and other health problems. The chemicals are also known to increase the risk of certain cancers, metabolic syndrome and, in younger females, early puberty.
"Chemicals linked to earlier menopause may lead to an early decline in ovarian function, and our results suggest we as a society should be concerned," said senior author of the study, Professor Amber Cooper.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fitness enthusiast Malaika Arora makes sure that every week she shares a new Yoga asana with her followers and inspire them to exercise. This week the actor talked about the benefits and steps of the Bridge Pose.
- A new study done by the researchers of Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer and MedStar Washington Hospital Center shows that men who suffer from breast cancer might be more susceptible to cardiovascular diseases.
- According to a new research, afternoon naps might help improve locational awareness, verbal fluency, and working memory.
- Watch: Karishma Tanna packs impressive punches during kickboxing workout at gym on Monday. This fitness exercise is great for those looking to whip into shape in no time
- Looking for exercises that could help you row out of stress and other body issues? Search no further as Shilpa Shetty Kundra shows us how to do it by taking us through the step-by-step process of nailing Yoga’s Naukasana or boat pose in this fitness video | Benefits inside
- Tisca Chopra’s fitness goals for 2021 include working on her core strength. As she gives a glimpse of her workout on a pilates reformer, we list out its health benefits which will surely push you to give it a try too
- Monday motivation: Mandira Bedi’s latest fitness video of nailing headstand and handstand with 50 mins of wind sprints done off the camera, is all the workout inspiration we need to get our week rolling. Read benefits of these exercises inside
- Ananya Panday loves an intense morning Yoga session. The actor has lately been sharing a lot of aerial Yoga posts on social media and blowing our minds away.