Christian Bale wants to be a part of the Star Wars universe
We could have got the Dark Knight himself fighting in a galaxy far, far away. Confused? Well, Hollywood actor Christian Bale, who played Batman in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Trilogy’was in talks to join the cast of the Han Solo spin-off, reports Contactmusic.com.
During a recent interview, Bale spilled the beans on the matter and said, “Yes, [it was] very tempting. I not only love the films going back to my childhood but also have a very long relationship with Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall because they did Empire of the Sun many years back. There was discussion, [and] I hope there will be future discussions.”
The Hostiles star is still very much interested in doing something in the Star Wars universe at some point, as he confessed on the same podcast he’s a huge fan of the franchise and has something of a family connection.
“Star Wars I’m a huge fan. Yeah, Star Wars really interests me. I’ve still got the Millennium Falcon, I’ve got the AT-AT. My daughter, her first love was Darth Vader. She absolutely adored Darth Maul. [She] stood near him at Disneyland and he growled and he’s got those teeth and he stayed in character, really wonderful performance, and she was teeny and I thought, ‘This is gonna scare the crap out of her, this is such a bad idea.’ And then she stopped and she said, ‘Daddy, I’m in love,’“ noted Bale.
The British star also confessed that he has not watched his successor Ben Affleck as The Caped Crusader in the DC Extended Universe.
He explained, “I have not seen [Ben Affleck’s Batman]. Yes I’m interested [in seeing it], my son seemed like he was really interested but then I realised he just wanted to see the trailer. I tend to go see films that [my kids] want to see. I have to confess I’m not a huge superhero film fan. People seem surprised at that, I don’t know why. I’ve not seen any of the ‘Avengers’ films or any of those films at all. I hear they’re very good, but I’m quite happy just hearing they’re very good.”
On the work front, Christian Bale will be next seen in Hostiles alongside Rosamund Pike.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.
- In an exclusive interview with Hindustan Times, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, spoke about India's role in the future of the MCU, and the mind-bending WandaVision, the studio's first streaming series.