Daniel Craig will return for the 25th James Bond film. Here’s when it’ll release
Daniel Craig will return to play James Bond at least one more time, for a new film -- the franchise’s 25th -- scheduled to be released in November 2019.
The official James Bond Twitter handle revealed the news after months of negotiations and discussions with the star, who famously said that he would rather slash his wrists than return for another movie, while promoting 2015’s Spectre.
That film was met with mixed reviews, and witnessed a drop at the box office after the record-breaking success of its predecessor, Skyfall. A rushed production and director Sam Mendes not having enough time to do justice to the film was blamed.
According to the New York Times, “Craig’s return is a done deal, according to two people briefed on the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid conflicts with Eon and MGM.”
But details about the film’s “distribution partner, international release dates and the cast and director would be announced ‘at a later date’”.
It was previously reported that Sony’s deal with Eon Productions (James Bond’s home) to distribute the Bond movies had ended after Spectre. A bidding war over its rights, which involved some of the biggest Hollywood studios -- Warner Bros, Universal, Fox -- had begun.
There were also rumours that Dunkirk director Christopher Nolan would be helming a reboot of the character after the film’s IMDb Pro page listed his production company, Syncopy, in the list of credits.
The film will be written by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who have collaborated on the last six Bond movies.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.
- In an exclusive interview with Hindustan Times, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, spoke about India's role in the future of the MCU, and the mind-bending WandaVision, the studio's first streaming series.