4 die after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning well

The accident reportedly took place in the morning when 17-year-old Pankaj and his 22-year-old brother Indrajeet entered the well and immediately fell unconscious.
The accident reportedly took place in the morning when 17-year-old Pankaj and his 22-year-old brother Indrajeet entered the well and immediately fell unconscious.
The accident reportedly took place in the morning when 17-year-old Pankaj and his 22-year-old brother Indrajeet entered the well and immediately fell unconscious.
Published on May 13, 2019 11:35 PM IST
Copy Link
Varanasi | ByHT Correspondent

Four members of a family in Ghazipur’s Bhudanpur village died due to suffocation on Monday allegedly after inhaling the poisonous gas inside a well in their house while cleaning it, the police said.

The accident reportedly took place in the morning when 17-year-old Pankaj and his 22-year-old brother Indrajeet entered the well and immediately fell unconscious. According to the police, two of their cousins, Manoj, 22 and Ramshray, 18, who entered the well to rescue them also fell unconscious, following which the neighbours alerted the fire brigade to retrieve the victims. While three of them died on the spot, the fourth person, Manoj, died on the way to the nearby health centre.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Close Story
SHARE
Story Saved
OPEN APP
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Monday, December 06, 2021