Air India launches weekly flight on new sector
- The inaugural flight took off from Chicago late on Wednesday night and is scheduled to land at the Hyderabad international airport by midnight on Thursday.
In a first, Air India on Thursday said it has launched its first-ever non-stop service between Hyderabad and Chicago. The inaugural flight took off from Chicago late on Wednesday night and is scheduled to land at the Hyderabad international airport by midnight on Thursday.
An Air India spokesperson said, the flight AI 108 from Chicago to Hyderabad will operate on Wednesdays, with a Boeing 777-200LR aircraft with a seating capacity of 238 including 8 First class, 35 Business class, 195 Economy class configuration besides 4 cockpit and 12 cabin crew.
The flyers will have to spend around 16 hours and 45 minutes while flying Hyderabad to Chicago and roughly about 15 hours and 40 minutes onboard while travelling from Chicago to Hyderabad, the airline said.
At present, the national carrier operates non-stop flights from Delhi to New York, Newark, Washington DC, San Francisco and Chicago. From Mumbai, Air India connects to Newark and New York and from Bengaluru to San Francisco.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Even though the case was posted for February 4, the court heard the case on Wednesday based on the request of the former Tamil Nadu CM's family.
- An apex court bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde said that all endeavours should be made to ensure appointments come through in a time-bound manner.
- The TMC, however, has hit back calling it the height of hypocrisy and refuting the charges as baseless allegations.
- Leaders of the Samyukt Kisan Morcha, the platform of farm unions leading the protests, on Wednesday apologised for the violent events in Delhi that have dented the credibility of the movement.
- Singh and Pompili will preside over the signing of a letter of intent between the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) and the French Development Agency (AFD) for developing a floating solar plant of up to 150 MW.
- Mamata Banerjee has recently appointed coordinators for the five assembly constituencies in East Midnapore district, the home turf of former TMC stalwart Suvendu Adhikari who joined the BJP on December 19.
- As part of the strategy, the Andhra Pradesh government on Tuesday issued an order announcing hefty cash incentives to be given to gram panchayats where sarpanches and ward members are elected unanimously without any contest.
- The defence ministry said Rajnath Singh received an "introductory telephone call" from the newly-appointed US Secretary of Defence Austin and that the two leaders reaffirmed their commitment to work together to strengthen defence cooperation and the strategic partnership between the two countries.