Cong appoints Tamradhwaj Sahu to oversee campaign for Gujarat local body polls
Congress President, Sonia Gandhi, on Sunday, appointed Chhattisgarh Home Minister, Tamradhwaj Sahu, as a Senior All India Congress Committee (AICC) Observer, said an AICC press release.
"He has been given the role to oversee election campaign and coordination of the upcoming local body election in Gujarat with immediate effect," the press release said.
It also informed that he will discharge his duties in consultation and close coordination with the AICC In-charge of Gujarat.
Gujarat is scheduled to hold its local body elections next month in two phases, on February 21 and February 28.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India China row: Jaishankar presented his diagnosis of the hurdles to the normal resumption of bilateral ties in his conversation with Wang Yi, and the steps needed to turn back the clock.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Meghalaya home minister said around 15-20 masked persons were involved in the attack on the labourers.
- Plea seeking contempt action against Maharashtra officials over killing of tigress Avni withdrawn
- IMD had predicted there could be heavy rains at some places on February 25 and 26, causing a possible disruption in flights on February 26th from Srinagar.