Former UP minister’s wife offers kidney to Sushma Swaraj
The wife of a former Uttar Pradesh minister on Wednesday offered to donate one of her kidneys to external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj.
“I have offered to donate my kidney to Sushma Swaraj. Her honesty, commitment toward the country and devotion for the welfare of people is an example for the whole country and the BJP,” former minister Ravi Kant Garg’s wife Meera Garg said.
It would be a matter of great consolation if my kidney is found fit for transplant, she said.
Swaraj was admitted to AIIMS for treatment for renal failure on November 16.
Scores of people have offered to donate kidney to 64-year-old Swaraj, who is undergoing tests for a transplant surgery and on the lookout for a suitable donor.
On November 19, the minister had tweeted that “kidney has no religious labels” when a Muslim man offered to donate his organ.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.