‘G20 presidency huge opportunity for India’: PM Modi on Mann ki Baat| Top quotes
Prime minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the 95th episode of his monthly radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat'.
Prime minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the 95th episode of his monthly radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat'. During his speech, he spoke about India's G-20 presidency and called it 'a huge opportunity for India'. He also lauded the launch of the Vikram-S rocket - the first built by India's private sector - into space.
Here are PM Modi's top quotes from the 'Mann ki Baat' episode:
1. People from across the country have written to me about how proud they are that India has got the G20 presidency... it is a huge opportunity for us. We have to focus on global good, be it peace, unity or sustainable development. India has the solution to challenges related to these things. We have given the theme of 'One Earth, One Family, One Future'.
2. G-20 accounts for two-thirds of the world's population... three-fourths of world trade and 85 per cent of the world's GDP. You can imagine - India will become such a big (country) after three days from now; i.e., from December 1.
3. On November 18, India achieved a feat in the space sector when a rocket Vikram-S was launched into space. It was designed and developed by the private sector and has several new features.
Also read: Rahul hits out at PM's ‘Mann ki Baat’, says his party listens to people 8 hrs a day
4. India is sharing its success in the space sector with its neighbouring countries as well. Yesterday, India launched a satellite developed by India and Bhutan. It will send high-resolution pictures that will help Bhutan. The launching of the satellite is a symbol of strong relations between India and Bhutan.
5. When we talk about innovations related to technology, how can we forget drones? India is also moving fast in the field of drones. A few days ago we saw how apples were transported through drones in Kinnaur, Himachal Pradesh.
Also read: Priyanka Gandhi, Sachin Pilot join Rahul-led Bharat Jodo Yatra in Madhya Pradesh
6. Today, our countrymen are making those things possible with their innovations which could not even be imagined earlier. In recent years, our country has come a long way in achievements. We Indians, and especially our young generation, are not going to stop now.
7. PM Modi also shared a song on Twitter - 'Vaishnava Jana', which was Mahatma Gandhi's favourite bhajan - during his address. “All of you must have heard this song. After all, this is Bapu's favourite song, but if I tell you that the singers who have sung it are from Greece, then you will definitely be surprised! Such enthusiasm and fascination for Indian culture in other countries is really heartening.”