VIDEO | Flash floods, cloudburst in Himachal's Kullu, 4 feared dead: 5 points
In Kullu, 30 workers stuck at the site of a power project following heavy rain and flooding were rescued, according to state disaster management authority director Sudesh Mokta.
Himachal Pradesh, which has been witnessing incessant rainfall since Tuesday night, was hit with flash floods in the Manikaran valley in the Kullu district on Wednesday.
At least four people are feared dead in the flash floods caused by a cloudburst which wreaked havoc at Choj nullah in Parvati valley of Kullu. Dozens of homes and camping sites were damaged in Choj village and at least five cattle were washed away in the flash floods.
Here are the latest updates:
1. An official from the state government’s disaster management department told news agency PTI on Wednesday that emergency and rescue teams had been rushed to the spot in Kullu where the cloudburst occurred, but were stuck due to landslides in the area.
2. On Wednesday morning, a landslide occurred at the Dhalli-Tutikandi bypass in Shimla in which a 14-year-old girl was killed.
3. Deputy police superintendent Kamal Thakur told Hindustan Times that three people, including the teenage girl, were inside a tent when the boulders fell on them. The girl died of multiple injuries and her body has been sent for autopsy while the other two are seriously injured, Thakur added.
4. In Kullu, 30 workers stuck at the site of a power project following heavy rain and flooding were rescued, according to state disaster management authority director Sudesh Mokta.
5. Nokta added a bridge was also partially damaged after the cloudburst in Chonjh village.