News updates from Hindustan Times: Government trying to destroy farmers, alleges Rahul Gandhi and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
‘Mark my words…’: Rahul Gandhi says Centre will be forced to repeal farm laws
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday expressed confidence in the ongoing agitation by farmers’ unions at Delhi’s borders and claimed that the government would be forced to repeal the farm laws introduced by the government. Read more
Delhi government relieves teachers from bird flu duties
Delhi government on Thursday announced that teachers were being relieved from field duties related to the prevention of avian influenza (bird blue) in the national Capital. Read more
'Covaxin, Covishield properly tested and are safe': Madhya Pradesh CM
Two days ahead of the nationwide coronavirus disease (Covid-19) vaccination drive, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Thursday that Covaxin and Covishield vaccines are safe. Read more
Google pauses all political ads in wake of attack on US Capitol
Google suspended all political advertising after last week's attack on the US Capitol to avoid incitement of more violence, said the company's spokesperson on Wednesday. Read more
'He's going to be even more threatening in India': Gautam Gambhir expects Jasprit Bumrah to be lethal against England
Former India batsman Gautam Gambhir has urged the Indian team management to be careful with Jasprit Bumrah’s workload management during the home series against England. Read more
Priyanka Chopra wears chic top with pyjamas for video calls, we totally relate
The last year has been full of video calls and virtual meetups. It was the internet that helped us survive through the worldwide lockdown where we kept in touch with our closed ones and were able to Work From Home. However, a lot of people are still avoiding travel as much as they can and making things work online. Priyanka Chopra is one of them. Read more
‘Just like her mom’: Dance video of Beyonce’s daughter Blue Ivy wins people over
A video of Beyonce’s daughter Blue Ivy Carter has now created a buzz online. Shared by her grandmother Tina Knowles, the video shows the 9-year-old rocking the dance floor with her amazing moves. Read more
Watch| ‘2021 will be celebrated as Golden Victory Year’: Army Chief at Veterans’ Day
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Only around 25,000 spectators will be allowed to witness the parade as compared to the average of 1.15 lakh people every year.
- Republic Day 2021 Live Updates: The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial.
- The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial. He will lead the nation in paying tributes to the fallen heroes by laying a wreath.
- The claim, that the portrait was based on Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee, popularly known as Bumba, who played Bose in a 2019 movie, Gumnaami gathered momentum.
- The latest incident took place at Naku La area, which is at a height of over 5,000 metres, on January 20, when Chinese soldiers attempted to intrude into the Indian territory.
- The state government, got adjournments from the high court in the last two hearings citing the pendency of the similar petitions before the Supreme Court.