‘Peacocks don’t have sex’: 10 remarks by Rajasthan HC ex-judge who wants cow as a national animal
Mahesh Chandra Sharma, who retired on Wednesday, has called on the central and state governments to declare the cow as the national animal.india Updated: Jun 01, 2017 12:53 IST
A Rajasthan high court judge grabbed nationwide attention on Wednesday evening after he asked the central and state governments to ensure that the cow be declared India’s national animal.
In his 189-page order, justice Mahesh Chand Sharma listed a string of benefits connected to the bovine, and in comments to reporters later, held forth on the sex life of the peacock.
Here are 10 things he said:
1. Peacock is a lifelong celibate. He does not indulge in sex with peahen. The peahen gives birth after it gets impregnated with the tears of the peacock.
2. Lord Krishna used peacock’s feather for celibacy of the bird.
3. It is believed that 33 crore gods and goddesses reside inside the cow and the animal appeared along with goddess Lakshmi during the churning of the ocean in Hindu mythology.
4. Cow is the only living being which intakes oxygen and emits oxygen and the animal is a hospital in itself.
5. Cow urine keeps the liver, heart and mind healthy, and increases the immunity of the body. It also slows down ageing.
6. Drinking cow urine rids one of sins of the previous life.
7. The cow, through its horns, absorbs “cosmic” energy.
8. Consumption of cow milk prevents cancer from entering the blood cells.
9. Mooing of cow kills the pathogens in the air.
10. Nepal is a Hindu nation and has declared cow as national animal... it is expected from the state government that they should take action to get a legal entity for cow in this country.