People’s mindset about gender equality must change, says PM Modi in Balasore
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed a public meeting at Balasore in Odisha to mark two years of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government at the centre.india Updated: Jun 02, 2016 12:48 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday addressed a public meeting at Balasore in Odisha to mark two years of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government at the centre.
As it happened: Highlights of PM Modi’s speech in Balasore
12:12pm: PM Modi ends his speech.
- “Wherever we are in power there is development, we are not in power in Odisha and you can see the plight of the people here.”
- PM Modi talks about anganwadi system in the country, says it is best for the poor children’s development at grass root level.
- “Odisha is blessed with natural resources, but still lot more needs to be done to mitigate poverty.”
- “People’s mindset about gender equality must change.”
- “Focus of every government scheme should be the poor, we have taken special steps towards eradicating poverty.”
- “I feel the pain for those mothers who do not get proper support and help during giving birth, I want to provide best facilities for them.”
- PM Modi compares development of BJP ruled states versus poor developments other states ruled by opposition parties.
- In the western part of India, there is economic development, why is there no development in Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha.
- We don’t want any state or any region in the country to be devoid of development and change.
- “Seeing this for the first time, that even after 2 years, peoples’ love for the government is intact.”
- “This empowers us, keeps us going in taking India forward.”
- “Government is only for the welfare of poor.”
- “No part of the nation should be left out of the development journey.”
- “I see a flood of people here, those who have come with so much love.”
- There is no election, no protest, but still you all have come out here in this heat.”
- “Balasore in a way is a missile city, it has been the working ground of Dr APJ Kalam”
- PM Modi invokes Lord Jaggannath in Odisha rally.
- PM Modi begins his speech at Vikas Parv rally in Balasore.
This was the third visit of PM Modi to Odisha this year and the fourth one after he took over in 2014.
Union Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, who on Wednesday visited Balasore and inspected preparations, said Modi’s rally was part of a series of meetings to be addressed by the prime minister on completion of the NDA government’s two years in office.
PM Modi had earlier addressed a farmers’ rally at Bargarh on February 21 and inaugurated the oil refinery project of Indian Oil Corporation Limited on February 7.
Earlier, the prime minister dedicated the modernised and expanded units of Rourkela Steel Plant to the nation on April 1, 2015.
First Published: Jun 02, 2016 11:29 IST