UP extends Covid-19 lockdown till June 30 with phased relaxations outside containment zones
The announcement comes a day after the Centre released guidelines on lockdown 5.0 which has been billed as ‘Unlock 1’.Updated: May 31, 2020 17:17 IST
The Uttar Pradesh government has extended Covid-19 lockdown till June 30, while easing restrictions in a phased manner outside containment zones.
The order issued by the state government on Sunday said that the guidelines for relaxations during this period will be as per the Centre’s advisory issued a day earlier billed as ‘Unlock 1’.
In the first phase of relaxations, religious places, hotels, restaurants and shopping malls will reopen in the state from 8th June.
In the second phase, educational institutions will be allowed to re-open in July depending on the guidelines of the central government in this regard.
However, prohibition on entry of people from containment zones/hotspot areas in Delhi to Gautam Buddh Nagar and Ghaziabad will remain.
Following are the highlights of the guidelines issued by UP government for phased relaxations during lockdown 5.0 that comes into force from June 1:
- All government offices will operate with 100% workforce. Staggered timings will be followed- 9 am to 5 pm, 10 am to 6 pm and 11 am to 7 pm to limit the spread of coronavirus.
- All markets will remain open from 9 am to 9 pm on a rotational basis. Super markets are allowed to open with conditions of social distancing and other precautionary measures. Weekly markets allowed in rural areas.
- Salons and beauty parlours are allowed to remain open with conditions of social distancing and other precautionary measures. Staff working at salons/beauty parlours should wear face shields and gloves while working.
- Passes not required any more for inter-state travel.
- State roadways buses will be allowed to operate on the condition that no passenger is allowed to travel while travelling.
- All industrial activities allowed outside containment zones with the proviso that they follow measures such as thermal scanning, sanitisation, social distancing etc.
The number of Covid-19 positive cases in Uttar Pradesh have jumped to 7,445 as per the Union health ministry figures released at 8 am on Sunday. While 4,410 people have recovered from coronavirus in the state, 201 have died from the infection.