Yogi Adityanath announces slew of awards to mark UP Diwas
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath on Sunday kick-started a three-day extravaganza to mark ‘UP Diwas’ by announcing ‘UP Gaurav Samman’ and a host of other schemes and awards. The CM said the fourth edition of the ‘UP Diwas’ will be celebrated as a mark of respect for the people of the state for their resilience, sense of teamwork and ability to perform in adversity.
Yogi also gave away several awards on the occasion - Laxmibai awards (to sportswomen) and Laxman awards (sportsmen), Gokul awards to milk producers, Vishwakarma awards to workers and artisans, scholarships to students, and also launched UP Geet (a song) sung by Kailash Kher.
He launched ‘Udyam Sarathi’ mobile app for employment and announced ‘Abhyudaya’ coaching centres to come up in the state soon for the benefit of youths to prepare for competitive exams.
Addressing the gathering at Avadh Shilpgram, Yogi said the strong resolve shown by the state during the Covid pandemic has been exemplary and a matter of pride.
“It came as no surprise that Uttar Pradesh received accolades from foreign countries and WHO for the commendable work done in Covid management. It was all due to teamwork and strong resolve of everyone involved in the fight against Covid,’’ he said.
Spelling out ‘Mission Rozgar’ for employment generation, Yogi said: “Four lakh youths have got government jobs during the last three-and-a-half years. Another 15 lakh were facilitated to get private jobs while 1.5 crore youths were added to employment through investment and about 15 crore youth got self-employment by way of various schemes of the Centre and the state.”
“This year the social welfare department has identified over 1.43 lakh youths who have excelled in various fields and has given them scholarships. From this year, we will be identifying three to five people who have given a new identity to the state in the country as well as globally, and we will be honoring them with the ‘UP Gaurav Samman,’ the CM said, adding that the ‘Vishwakarma Samman’ was instituted in the 2nd edition of UP Diwas.
Delving into history, Yogi said it was never celebrated despite the fact that on January 24, 1950, a notification was issued in this regard. He termed it ‘unfortunate’ that no previous government ever thought of glorifying the past of the state by celebrating the day.
On Covid vaccine, Yogi said: “Besides people of the country, we are also giving it to many countries like Brazil, Bhutan, Nepal, Mauritius, Bangladesh and others.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and finance minister Bruno Le Maire will be in Delhi next month while IAF chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria will be in France. At least 8 Rafale fighters will leave for India through mid-air refuelling by UAE between April 19 and April 23.
- The order also said that Kailashnathan will head an executive council set up for the purpose,
- Congress is like an ocean, Gandhi said in the national executive meeting of the IYC, and if anyone wants to return can be allowed to do so.
- The two-day trip to Dhaka will be Modi’s first foreign visit in 15 months
- Parties urge Speaker, Chairman to reduce sessions amid polls; both Houses to begin at 11 am from Tuesday
- Additional sessions judge Sandeep Yadav convicted 35-year-old Khan, also known as Junaid, Salim and Anna
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.
- Officials said that an inquiry committee, constituted by the Visitor of Delhi University (DU), the President of India, held its final meeting.