10 questions that remain unanswered in Sheena murder mystery
What exactly happened on April 24, 2012, is still not clear, with the Mumbai Police tightlipped about the sequence of events on that day. Sources close to the investigation say they are still verifying the statements of Indrani Mukerjee, her driver Shyam Rai, and her second husband Sanjeev Khanna. Here are 10 questions that remain unanswered in the murder mystery:india Updated: Jan 16, 2017 18:20 IST
What exactly happened on April 24, 2012, is still not clear, with the Mumbai Police tightlipped about the sequence of events on that day. Sources close to the investigation say they are still verifying the statements of Indrani Mukerjee, her driver Shyam Rai, and her second husband Sanjeev Khanna. Here are 10 questions that remain unanswered in the murder mystery:
1. Former Star India CEO Peter Mukerjea said just after his wife Indrani Mukerjea was arrested on Monday that he had believed her assertion that Sheena Bora and Mikhail Bora were her siblings. On Thursday, Peter told the media Sheena had told him in 2011 that she was Indrani's daughter though this was denied by his wife. What was the reason for this turnaround?
2. After Sheena went missing on April 24, 2012, some of her closest friends did try to locate her. How come no one raised an alarm? Why did everyone accept Indrani's explanation that she had gone to the US for her studies even though there was no update of Sheena's Facebook page since late 2011?
3. Peter Mukerjea's son Rahul, who was in a relationship with Sheena that was opposed by Indrani, has said he received a SMS from Sheena's mobile number a couple of days after she went missing. Who sent this text message?
4. Why did Peter dismiss his son Rahul's contention that there was "something fishy" about Indrani's claim that Sheena had gone to the US for studies? Why did he also dismiss Rahul's contention that Sheena was Indrani's daughter?5. Sheena had taken leave of absence from Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd (MMOPL), her employer, in April 2012. While she was on leave, MMOPL received her resignation. This resignation was apparently sent after her murder. Who sent this resignation to MMOPL?
6. Sheena's brother Mikhail says she was "everything" for him and that they "shared all our feelings". Despite this closeness, why did he gamely accept Indrani's explanation for three years that Sheena had gone to the US even though there was no proof that she had gone abroad?
7. Indrani's marriage with Sanjeev Khanna, charged with involvement in Sheena's murder, reportedly ended in a messy divorce. Why did Khanna go to Mumbai on the day Sheena was killed and check into a hotel room booked by Indrani?
8. Khanna reportedly told police after he was arrested that he was in a vehicle with Indrani driven by her driver Shyam Rai on the day of the murder but had fallen asleep. He claimed that he found Sheena dead beside him when he woke up. Didn't Sheena struggle when she was killed and did Khanna sleep through the murder?
9. Why didn't police in Raigad district of Maharashtra register a murder case when they found Sheena's body (then unidentified) in 2012? Why was no autopsy carried out at the time?
10. Who is the father of Sheena and Mikhail? Are they the same man or do they have different fathers? And was Peter Mukerjea Indrani's fifth husband, as some sections of the media in Assam have claimed?
First Published: Aug 28, 2015 13:38 IST