230 fall sick due to food poisoning in Guntur
The affected persons were rushed to hospitals at Ponnuru, Tenali and Baptla, officials said.india Updated: Oct 01, 2006 13:00 IST
About 230 people, including 100 children took ill, after consuming food at a church festival in Modukur village of the district, official sources said on Sunday.
About 1000 devotees who attended the festival were served packets of pulihora (tamrind rice with turmeric), after which 230 of them complained of dizziness and started vomitting on Saturday evening, sources said.
The affected persons were rushed to hospitals at Ponnuru, Tenali and Baptla, officials said.
Doctors attending the persons said all the patients were out of danger.
First Published: Oct 01, 2006 12:10 IST